21st July 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kassel (Germany)
Thanks Meter: 4

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbossley

I upgraded my ROM - TO Quarx CM11 (0607). HWA now not working again.

Is the HWA Settings app not working or is hardware acceleration not disabled for the apps previously deselected?

Quote:

The HWUI.Deny folder has a heap of blank files in it.

What do you mean by "blank files"? The files in the folder are empty files by design and need no content.
21st July 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 37

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuffin

Is the HWA Settings app not working or is hardware acceleration not disabled for the apps previously deselected?

What do you mean by "blank files"? The files in the folder are empty files by design and need no content.

Sorry, I could have been more specific.

The EMPTY files are there. If I try to make any changes "Unfortunately, Hwa Settings has stopped".
21st July 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kassel (Germany)
Thanks Meter: 4

6 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry, I could have been more specific.

The EMPTY files are there. If I try to make any changes "Unfortunately, Hwa Settings has stopped".

Well thats the previously observed behaviour of the HWA Settings App. I guess it will start to work after a while again, just like it did before. Since I do not need to make any changes, I usually don't even open up the app.
This seems to be a bug in HWA Settings App, but to be honest, I do not really care to much.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmuffin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 833

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuffin

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): Process: com.cyanogenmod.settings.device.hwa, PID: 8960
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): java.lang.ClassCastException: android.text.SpannableString cannot be cast to java.lang.String
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): 	at com.cyanogenmod.settings.device.hwa.PackageListFragment.onItemClick(PackageListFragment.java:191)

Hi,

when searching for this error message I found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ata-via-intent
Quote:

It was because getText() needs to have a 'toString()' at the end. Without this 'toString()', it will crash on Android 4.x, but will work on Android 2.x.

According to answer #4 this should help, the patch is _not_ compile-tested:
Code:
--- a/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java   2014-05-25 14:34:36.115629433 +0200
+++ b/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java 2014-07-21 18:44:53.271472949 +0200
@@ -189,7 +189,7 @@
                                .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_enabled);
                boolean enableHwa = !hwaCheck.isChecked();
                String packageName = (String) ((TextView) view
-                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText();
+                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText().toString();
                Intent service = new Intent(mContext, HwaSettingsService.class);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.PACKAGE_NAME, packageName);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.HWA_ENABLED, enableHwa);
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenrock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 37

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenrock

Hi,

when searching for this error message I found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ata-via-intent

According to answer #4 this should help, the patch is _not_ compile-tested:

Code:
--- a/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java   2014-05-25 14:34:36.115629433 +0200
+++ b/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java 2014-07-21 18:44:53.271472949 +0200
@@ -189,7 +189,7 @@
                                .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_enabled);
                boolean enableHwa = !hwaCheck.isChecked();
                String packageName = (String) ((TextView) view
-                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText();
+                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText().toString();
                Intent service = new Intent(mContext, HwaSettingsService.class);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.PACKAGE_NAME, packageName);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.HWA_ENABLED, enableHwa);

Sevenrock if you posted this to assist me in some way thanks. However, I'm an ignoramus! How do I use this information? I haven't the faintest clue!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread