Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM11 HWA Settings FC

Tip us?

madmuffin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbossley View Post
I upgraded my ROM - TO Quarx CM11 (0607). HWA now not working again.
Is the HWA Settings app not working or is hardware acceleration not disabled for the apps previously deselected?

Quote:
The HWUI.Deny folder has a heap of blank files in it.
What do you mean by "blank files"? The files in the folder are empty files by design and need no content.

gbossley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuffin View Post
Is the HWA Settings app not working or is hardware acceleration not disabled for the apps previously deselected?

What do you mean by "blank files"? The files in the folder are empty files by design and need no content.
Sorry, I could have been more specific.

The EMPTY files are there. If I try to make any changes "Unfortunately, Hwa Settings has stopped".

madmuffin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default 220

Quote:
Sorry, I could have been more specific.

The EMPTY files are there. If I try to make any changes "Unfortunately, Hwa Settings has stopped".
Well thats the previously observed behaviour of the HWA Settings App. I guess it will start to work after a while again, just like it did before. Since I do not need to make any changes, I usually don't even open up the app.
This seems to be a bug in HWA Settings App, but to be honest, I do not really care to much.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmuffin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sevenrock
Old
Thanks Meter 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuffin View Post
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): Process: com.cyanogenmod.settings.device.hwa, PID: 8960
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): java.lang.ClassCastException: android.text.SpannableString cannot be cast to java.lang.String
E/AndroidRuntime( 8960): 	at com.cyanogenmod.settings.device.hwa.PackageListFragment.onItemClick(PackageListFragment.java:191)
Hi,

when searching for this error message I found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ata-via-intent
Quote:
It was because getText() needs to have a 'toString()' at the end. Without this 'toString()', it will crash on Android 4.x, but will work on Android 2.x.
According to answer #4 this should help, the patch is _not_ compile-tested:
Code:
--- a/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java   2014-05-25 14:34:36.115629433 +0200
+++ b/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java 2014-07-21 18:44:53.271472949 +0200
@@ -189,7 +189,7 @@
                                .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_enabled);
                boolean enableHwa = !hwaCheck.isChecked();
                String packageName = (String) ((TextView) view
-                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText();
+                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText().toString();
                Intent service = new Intent(mContext, HwaSettingsService.class);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.PACKAGE_NAME, packageName);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.HWA_ENABLED, enableHwa);
Motorola Defy+ MB526 - BL7
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gbossley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenrock View Post
Hi,

when searching for this error message I found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ata-via-intent

According to answer #4 this should help, the patch is _not_ compile-tested:
Code:
--- a/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java   2014-05-25 14:34:36.115629433 +0200
+++ b/packages/apps/HwaSettings/src/com/cyanogenmod/settings/device/hwa/PackageListFragment.java 2014-07-21 18:44:53.271472949 +0200
@@ -189,7 +189,7 @@
                                .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_enabled);
                boolean enableHwa = !hwaCheck.isChecked();
                String packageName = (String) ((TextView) view
-                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText();
+                               .findViewById(R.id.hwa_settings_packagename)).getText().toString();
                Intent service = new Intent(mContext, HwaSettingsService.class);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.PACKAGE_NAME, packageName);
                service.putExtra(PackageListProvider.HWA_ENABLED, enableHwa);
Sevenrock if you posted this to assist me in some way thanks. However, I'm an ignoramus! How do I use this information? I haven't the faintest clue!