Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[kernel][sense]iHate Sense

Tip us?

rohitece06
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateWebOS View Post
Sure is. I'd have to modify, and compile that though. Don't like the MLG wake?
since DNA is nearing its end of its life cycle, I think we need something with that as less bells and whistles as possible, saves the buttons, squeezes as much battery as possible without adversely affecting battery's life. So here is my proposal for the kernel:
1) D2W and or S2W+S2S: To save the buttons (I donnt know whether MLG consumes more battery or wake through D2W/S2S+S2W, whichever takes less battery)
2) Undervolting and underclocking enabled: Extend battery (my phone standbys alright at 162MHz, others may be different)
3) On the fly CPU/GPU speed management: Extend battery

I think this will be the minimalistic yet feature version of the kernel. If you can something like this, I am sure others can appreciate it too.

iHateWebOS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitece06 View Post
since DNA is nearing its end of its life cycle, I think we need something with that as less bells and whistles as possible, saves the buttons, squeezes as much battery as possible without adversely affecting battery's life. So here is my proposal for the kernel:
1) D2W and or S2W+S2S: To save the buttons (I donnt know whether MLG consumes more battery or wake through D2W/S2S+S2W, whichever takes less battery)
2) Undervolting and underclocking enabled: Extend battery (my phone standbys alright at 162MHz, others may be different)
3) On the fly CPU/GPU speed management: Extend battery

I think this will be the minimalistic yet feature version of the kernel. If you can something like this, I am sure others can appreciate it too.
MLG and sweep2whatever are about the same battery wise. I planned on dropping min CPU to 162 on my next stock+ update. As far as voltage control goes, I don't plan on adding it to stock+. I've never been a fan of allowing userspace control over voltages, and the only reason it makes into my builds is due to users desire for features.

Undervolting will NOT magically net you more battery life. While screen is off, and CPU is idle an undervolt may net you a few minutes in battery life. However as soon as your screen comes on those savings will be negated be the extra load your undervolted CPU experiences at max clock. Comments like "undervolted -125 and loving it!" Lead me to believe voltage control is more of a bragging right then a major benefit.
/rant
The Following User Says Thank You to iHateWebOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d08speed3
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
MLG and sweep2whatever are about the same battery wise. I planned on dropping min CPU to 162 on my next stock+ update. As far as voltage control goes, I don't plan on adding it to stock+. I've never been a fan of allowing userspace control over voltages, and the only reason it makes into my builds is due to users desire for features.

Undervolting will NOT magically net you more battery life. While screen is off, and CPU is idle an undervolt may net you a few minutes in battery life. However as soon as your screen comes on those savings will be negated be the extra load your undervolted CPU experiences at max clock. Comments like "undervolted -125 and loving it!" Lead me to believe voltage control is more of a bragging right then a major benefit.
/rant
Does help keep my hands less warm lol

HTC DNA
LG Optimus G
His: Droid DNA
Hers: AT&T LG Optimus G

rohitece06
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:

/rant
One more thing in favor of normal D2W/S2S+S2W, MLG doesn't have a way to put screen to sleep, s2s has.

iHateWebOS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitece06 View Post
One more thing in favor of normal D2W/S2S+S2W, MLG doesn't have a way to put screen to sleep, s2s has.
I'll do a version of each, and hopefully just make it an option in aroma installer.....

rohitece06
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
I'll do a version of each, and hopefully just make it an option in aroma installer.....
That will be awesome. u da man!!