Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 48,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Tip us?

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by law16 View Post
whats the cheapest place to get a 64gb OPO ?
From getting a invite from OnePlus and buying it from them. Hard to get a invite though
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

htcdesire26s
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by law16 View Post
whats the cheapest place to get a 64gb OPO ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/subject/1890092359.html

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

SferaDev
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2380

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetchaser View Post
I had hoped to post this in the PA development thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2794789 but due to the fact that I lurk more than I post (mostly because I find my answer with a forum search), I am unable to post there and am posting here instead.

Preface: I did find some comments in the PA ROM thread, but nothing specific and mostly vague in terms of what the issue is or what would fix the issue.

Issue: The camera doesn't work in the current PA build and not just the Google Camera, but any camera. I installed a third party camera too.

When I was installing my apps after flashing the ROM and Gapps, I noticed that the Play Store screen for the Google Camera looked strange.

No buttons No OPEN, No UPDATE, No Uninstall Updates... I've never seen that before.

It is installed on my phone though:

However, it doesn't show up in my App Drawer:

If I try to take a picture in an app that requires use of the camera, I'm given a choice:

Both choices yield the same result:

Even after reading the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2794789 I can't find or confirm if this is a bug or not.
Wipe /system
Flash PA again
flash modular micro GApps

The issue is stock GApps which are meant for Nexus not our device.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2880
REALLY stupid question, but how do you flash the factory image? I've done it on Nexus devices but as there are other files than just the IMG files do you have to flash each of them or do you simply do 'fastboot flash zip <filename>.zip'?
HTC One M8 GPe (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L | Kernel: Stock | CID: GOOGL001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

andybfmv96
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Okey. I have a somewhat simple question, how do we flash the factory image given on Cyanogen's website PROPERLY? I flashed it manually and would like a way to do it either aromatically or know how to flash properly.

1. I didn't see a radio.img file in the factory image.

2. There is a flash-radio.sh file... Should I be using Linux to flash he factory image?

If so, is there a script file in the image that I can flash it automatically?

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
REALLY stupid question, but how do you flash the factory image? I've done it on Nexus devices but as there are other files than just the IMG files do you have to flash each of them or do you simply do 'fastboot flash zip <filename>.zip'?
In fastboot you flash the images. If you really want stock I would just go with the safe route, and flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...s-zip-t2820008 as if it was any ordinary rom.
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
In fastboot you flash the images. If you really want stock I would just go with the safe route, and flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...s-zip-t2820008 as if it was any ordinary rom.
How do you flash each image without knowing what partition they're for? I mean system, boot, etc. are obvious but there are some random non-IMG files and without knowing what they're meant to be I'm guessing a brick could occur. I always prefer to flash factory images without a custom recovery so wanting to know now before my One arrives (hopefully this week)
HTC One M8 GPe (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L | Kernel: Stock | CID: GOOGL001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)