Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Telegram, the secure chat client.

Tip us?
 
Barracuda77777
Old
#261  
Barracuda77777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 549
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney
latest update being rolled out, now have its own push service, so no more relying on google push service.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
 
dearestk
Old
#262  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2012
i would prefer it to retain google gcm only and not independent push. now there is a service constantly running just like whatsapp. but i guess i understand the rationale behind this implementation for those without play services. it's a pity though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
_artem_
Old
#263  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 352
Join Date: Dec 2011
I hate it... Compiled from source. Conflicting signatures. Removed play store version. Installed my self compiled version. And couple of hours later they roll official update. Pfffffd
 
darkpollo
Old
#264  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Hi,

Do you know why there are two android telegram apps?

This is the official: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gram.messenger


And this is not the official, but both seems the same thing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...legram.android

Is the second one a Scam or something?

Would be possible to use both at the same time with two different phone numbers on the same phone?
If not, Any other idea to do it?
Thanks
 
_artem_
Old
(Last edited by _artem_; 15th June 2014 at 09:17 PM.)
#265  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 352
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpollo View Post
Hi,

Do you know why there are two android telegram apps?

This is the official: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gram.messenger


And this is not the official, but both seems the same thing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...legram.android

Is the second one a Scam or something?

Would be possible to use both at the same time with two different phone numbers on the same phone?
If not, Any other idea to do it?
Thanks
There was a contest for building telegram app. The winner app became official app. Second place app became unofficial S version. It's not scam just another client

Yes you can use both with different numbers at the same time

https://telegram.org/faq#q-how-is-th...roid-different

Quote:
Q: How is the S-edition for Android different?

We ran a contest for Android developers, and two guys reached the finals. The N-edition won — it is now the official app for Android and is just called Telegram. The S-edition scored second and became an unofficial client.

The two developers had the same task and were offered identical design templates, so the distictions are not very dramatic. But both versions are being developed, and the S-edition sometimes introduces experimental features earlier — like animated .gif support, for example.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _artem_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
darkpollo
Old
#266  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
There was a contest for building telegram app. The winner app became official app. Second place app became unofficial S version. It's not scam just another client

Yes you can use both with different numbers at the same time

https://telegram.org/faq#q-how-is-th...roid-different
Thank you. Great news.
 
Untot
Old
#267  
Untot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bremen
I just found another promising client:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.telegramx
The Following User Says Thank You to Untot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mr.b4rt
Old
#268  
mr.b4rt's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untot View Post
I just found another promising client:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.telegramx
looks good
but only the emoji plugin stutters
NEXUS 5
CATACLYSM
FRANCO R54
 
priyansha.ranaut
Old
#269  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default [APP][2.2+] Telegram, the secure chat client.

You can also try out Photo4tune if you have privacy issues! Tried and tested and loving it!
For more info you can check out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tune.navigator
 
Traace
Old
#270  
Traace's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 217
Join Date: Mar 2010
Love Telegram, we removed Whatsapp here

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes