Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 3G to LTE Hand Off Issues

Tip us?

ewokuk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I don't have this issue, however on one occasion at work I lost 4g signal which is usually at 2 bars, and it sat there and didnt connect to 4g again until I did airplane mode, then it came back fine. But this is the one and only time I have had the issue.

evilbeef54
Old
Thanks Meter 71
this is a sprint issue

you need to wait until they finialy decide to update their towers to handle the new triband phones, they claim they will be done with all the updates by the middle of the summer, i got sick out their sub-par coverage and took all my lines over to verizon... no regrets

details about their issues are here, it is a long read but good:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?%2Fblog%2...-technology%2F
Sprint Rooted Mogul Evo Evo3d GS3 GS4 GS5 (Sorry Sprint 13 years is enough)
VERIZON GS5

IF SOMEONE'S POST HELPS YOU PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Jaypoc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy S5 LTE Hand-off Loss of Signal

I'm a Sprint customer on Long Island, New York and I've been having the issues as well. I had to deactivate the S5 because it would lose data and even phone service sporadically without any warning. Sprint's solution is to go into Airplane mode for 5 minutes then back, but that's 5 minutes without service after noticing that the service is gone (and losing how many calls/messages). My girlfriend has one too and probably misses about half her calls (and texts come in late constantly) What happens in an emergency? I recently blogged about this. Isn't Sprint opening themselves up to liability by selling the phones while these issues are known internally?

Anders6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Im in Denmark too, and i have the problem with Telenor, but did not have the problem with Telia, unfortunately i have to stay with telenor, work phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone View Post
Think it's an issue with your provider, I've tried LTE/3G with four different providers here in Denmark without any problems.
SM-G900F Stockrom 4.4.2 root
GT-I9500 Stockrom
SGS II Neatrom Lite v4.8 Android 4.1.2
Galaxy TabII 10.2 Pac Man rom v22.3.0 Android 4.2.2
Galaxy Camera EG-GC100 Stock rom root

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
Does anyone NOT have an issue with their phone going from 3G to LTE then back again. A lot of people

You didn't do a forum search or you would already know that it doesn't affect everyone. There are myriad threads about this and the concensus is that it is carrier dependent.

Open a support ticket with your carrier. Also, the 4.4.3 update is said to address this bug, so that is something that you might want to look into.

Anders6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just a little update, put on download booster, and after that no problems whit disconnect from network, will see later when i leave home to see what happens then.
SM-G900F Stockrom 4.4.2 root
GT-I9500 Stockrom
SGS II Neatrom Lite v4.8 Android 4.1.2
Galaxy TabII 10.2 Pac Man rom v22.3.0 Android 4.2.2
Galaxy Camera EG-GC100 Stock rom root