Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: GPE vs Sense
GPE 33 24.44%
Sense 57 42.22%
Waiting for android L to get released 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

HTC M8 GPE vs Stock

Tip us?

oajungen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTrans View Post
The developer edition and GPE of the M8 have identical radio frequencies if that's what you're asking (don't know too much about the software numbers though, sorry :P).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Hi, thank you for your reply.
I am living in the Netherlands and not in the US. So our frequencies are different. Over here we can't by the official developer edition or GPE because of this reason I think.

So the question actualy is: Does a Europe M8 which is migrated to GPE use the frequencies used in Europe or is it using the US frequencies?

SolarTrans
Old
(Last edited by SolarTrans; 17th July 2014 at 10:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
Hi, thank you for your reply.
I am living in the Netherlands and not in the US. So our frequencies are different. Over here we can't by the official developer edition or GPE because of this reason I think.

So the question actualy is: Does a Europe M8 which is migrated to GPE use the frequencies used in Europe or is it using the US frequencies?
EDIT: After an RUU conversion, your radios are changed to those part of the RUU you flash. If you root and unlock the bootloader, you can then flash your local radios. In order to receive OTAs, you'd have to temporarily revert back to stock recovery and it may re-flash GPE radios (not sure about it re-flashing the GPE radios, though, I somehow don't think so).

Sent from my HTC One M8 GPE using Tapatalk

blooflowers
Old
Thanks Meter 3
GPE/AOSP all the way. I told myself I'd give Sense a try since I didn't mind it on my Incredible. After I got s-off, that lasted about 15 minutes haha.

MarkGiardini
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been using the sense based ROM for a while but I'm trying a GPE ROM for now, still undecided which I prefer.

iHagbani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought my M8 with Sense, but a week ago i installed the GPE RUU.

Now I'll never gonna back to sense!!!