Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2] ★ [UNBRICKED ★ Feb.06.2014]

Tip us?

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnychan View Post
Dude, you are a lifesaver. I would thank you a hundred times if I could.
@jonnychan
Glad that it worked for you....Then u should get Tapatalk or XDA app to get unlimited Thanks [emoji41][emoji106]

☆ Swyped From SFour Flying Color CCC Theme ☆
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dh4645
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Some of the wording/English is unclear on the OPs. What would I use to upgrade from 4.2.2 MF3 to the 4.4.2 or above so I can mirror my screen to my chromecast.
make sure to hit that "Thanks" button if I helped...

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 - STOCK
SAMSUNG GALAXY S IV - STOCK ROOTED 4.4.2 NC1
SAMSUNG GALAXY S II - AOKP JB ROM
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 - TASK 14 ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to dh4645 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh4645 View Post
Some of the wording/English is unclear on the OPs. What would I use to upgrade from 4.2.2 MF3 to the 4.4.2 or above so I can mirror my screen to my chromecast.
Hope this post of mine helps - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=2
The Following User Says Thank You to jmjoyas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dh4645
Old
(Last edited by dh4645; 18th July 2014 at 01:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
do i have to unroot like that dude was saying? can i do all these updates with survival mode on supersu to keep root?
will my tethering get screwed up? or will i have to redo the workaround/replacing.apks to get it to work again.

also, are those links in ur post old? the last post in the thread saying it was closed & to go get the new stuff.

nexusgen84
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile updated from 4.2.2 to 4.3

worked like a charm! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to nexusgen84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh4645 View Post
do i have to unroot like that dude was saying? can i do all these updates with survival mode on supersu to keep root?
will my tethering get screwed up? or will i have to redo the workaround/replacing.apks to get it to work again.

also, are those links in ur post old? the last post in the thread saying it was closed & to go get the new stuff.
The update process patches files. It, expects files to be the original. Typically rooting alone will not cause update to fail but if you have modified/deleted files, that could cause the update to fail.

The process I have given is for updating to the latest without losing data. For each step, you just need the update file. Dont worry about the thread.

You do not have to worry about retaining root as the latest update, NC1, is rootable with towelroot.

If you dont ming losing data (about having to reinstall apps and redo settings), then you can directly odin flash the stock NB1 firmware and then OTA update to NC1.

Stock NB1 firmware and steps are available in All Thing AT&T thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmjoyas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dh4645
Old
(Last edited by dh4645; Yesterday at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
The update process patches files. It, expects files to be the original. Typically rooting alone will not cause update to fail but if you have modified/deleted files, that could cause the update to fail.

The process I have given is for updating to the latest without losing data. For each step, you just need the update file. Dont worry about the thread.

You do not have to worry about retaining root as the latest update, NC1, is rootable with towelroot.

If you dont ming losing data (about having to reinstall apps and redo settings), then you can directly odin flash the stock NB1 firmware and then OTA update to NC1.

Stock NB1 firmware and steps are available in All Thing AT&T thread.
thanks
yeah i dont care about having to reinstall apps/redo settings. i might just go to NB1 as you suggested, then OTA to NC1 and see if I still have root, if not, use whatever that towelroot method is.
i think the only .apks i changed were to freeze some with titanium and then renaming/replaciing an .apk to get tethering to work.

edit: there are 2 versions of NB1, does it matter which one since it will just update to NC1 anyway?
edit: what version and where do i get odin? there is a link that takes me to the ODIN thread, but there are no download links to it.