Solved: Samsung Note 2 Wifi problem "Unstable WiFi connection"

Search This thread

detroja

Jun 27, 2010
Centralia, WA
Problem:
Since Android 4.3 update, on Version Samsung Note 2 I continued to get WiFi connection error "Unstable WiFi connection". Also, WiFi internet speed was noticebly low.

I cleared dilvik cache, rebooted, disconnected and reconfigured WiFi - none of which helped. In fact, the problem is not with the phone or operating system. The problem was in my the WiFi network channel. My Motorola router had automatically used channel 1 which was also used by another 4 networks in the the neighborhood.

Solution:
Install WiFi Analyzer on your phone. Find out a channel with the least interference.
Reconfigure your WiFi network to use that channel. I have had no WiFi errors since then.

Good luck.

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks!! Worked great. I'm out of the "crowd" now. I think everyone in my neighborhood was on the same channel...lol. Changed mine and now...
Looks like just me and one other in the area on "my" channel now....:D. VERY noticible improvement !!

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and ANGi-ed !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Last edited:

srjvargas

Dec 17, 2011
Problem:
Since Android 4.3 update, on Version Samsung Note 2 I continued to get WiFi connection error "Unstable WiFi connection". Also, WiFi internet speed was noticebly low.

I cleared dilvik cache, rebooted, disconnected and reconfigured WiFi - none of which helped. In fact, the problem is not with the phone or operating system. The problem was in my the WiFi network channel. My Motorola router had automatically used channel 1 which was also used by another 4 networks in the the neighborhood.

Solution:
Install WiFi Analyzer on your phone. Find out a channel with the least interference.
Reconfigure your WiFi network to use that channel. I have had no WiFi errors since then.

Good luck.

Hello

Thank you very much for your recomendation but could you explain me how to change to a different channel ?

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Use your router settings. Some are Web bases depending on your provider. My unit is a "2wire". I did a Google search on how to change "2wire router settings"......how to and link popped right up. I then changed the channel with my computer....it was pretty easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and AGNi-fied !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Last edited:
Reactions: srjvargas

vishiwashi

May 17, 2014
wifi issue cant able to turn ON

Problem:

Solution:

Good luck.

i am using Note 2 but after update 4.3 ,i am unable to turn of the wifi of my mobile
pls help me i tried the above mentioned procedure but cant got the sucess
thanks in advance

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
not solved, already install various WiFi Analyzer

======
Did you do the second part ...... installing the WiFi analyzer just tells you if your router signal is in a "crowd"....after that you adjust your home router to a clearer band..."out of the crowd". Your WiFi reception will be better. If it happens on "public wifi" their signal strength being broadcast could be at fault.

Sent from my SM-N910V / VZW Note 4 DE / Factory Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / TWRP 2.8.1.1 trltevzw

Reactions: nil_p_thapa

goenne

Feb 27, 2013
======
Did you do the second part ...... installing the WiFi analyzer just tells you if your router signal is in a "crowd"....after that you adjust your home router to a clearer band..."out of the crowd". Your WiFi reception will be better. If it happens on "public wifi" their signal strength being broadcast could be at fault.
yes already done , changes port too, but still have a problem,.. my solution now is move my wifi router nearly my note, not working when far from 3 meter ,... so i keep close to my wifi. isn't weird? . Hate my note right now, my note 8 work perfectly

note22222

Jun 26, 2015
solution for wifi slow download on playstore

Hey guys i have a same problem and the solution . If you do alrdy the *#0011# off and then keep always wifi and then the last step make a new google acc do not sync . And download ahain it works !!

wsehfhfhfh

Sep 10, 2015
Use your router settings. Some are Web bases depending on your provider. My unit is a "2wire". I did a Google search on how to change "2wire router settings"......how to and link popped right up. I then changed the channel with my computer....it was pretty easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and AGNi-fied !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Help already did everything help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem:

Solution:

Good luck.

not solved, already install various WiFi Analyzer

======

Sent from my SM-N910V / VZW Note 4 DE / Factory Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / TWRP 2.8.1.1 trltevzw