Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call Recorder?

Tip us?

Ja_som
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFuX666 View Post
Are you sure its recording both ways of the conversation...?? Input and output...?? Because seems you only made a small clip. Most apps do record the mic and if you volume is loud enough it, the mic will also catch some of the incoming convo as well if its quiet enough...
But being able to actually record the proper incoming sound feed is what's the issue.

Please confirm this and let us know the result...

Sent from my Nexus 5
I can confirm that after someone call me, or i call... But i think is working, because sound in my 'test' was clear on both sides. It was not only my voice loud and clear, and other was not only something in behind...

You can try it too
Google Nexus 7 (2nd gen.) 16GB rooted KitKat 4.4.4 + GravityBox / Android L preview on MultiRom

&

Motorola Moto G rooted KitKat 4.4.3 + GravityBox

Slovenčina pre Moto G/Slovak language for Moto G TU/HERE

Ja_som
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Now i can confirm it...
Both sides are loud and clear... But time shown near recording on 'main screen' is wrong... My last call was more than 10s long, and time shown is only 1s.

v1.5.3 alpha05
Google Nexus 7 (2nd gen.) 16GB rooted KitKat 4.4.4 + GravityBox / Android L preview on MultiRom

&

The Following User Says Thank You to Ja_som For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DrunkFuX666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som View Post
Now i can confirm it...
Both sides are loud and clear... But time shown near recording on 'main screen' is wrong... My last call was more than 10s long, and time shown is only 1s.

v1.5.3 alpha05
Good to know, but I decided to downgrade to 4.3 because I didn't want to unlock the bootloader and lose warranty... Thankfully we can do that... But annoyingly the phone will ask to update every day... Don't know if that can be turned off...

Also I read in the description that the call recorder in the thread is only a trial... You need to buy the app eventually... And can't make online play transactions where I am...

Sent from my Nexus 5

iamspl.xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Good to know, but I decided to downgrade to 4.3 because I didn't want to unlock the bootloader and lose warranty... Thankfully we can do that... But annoyingly the phone will ask to update every day... Don't know if that can be turned off...

Also I read in the description that the call recorder in the thread is only a trial... You need to buy the app eventually... And can't make online play transactions where I am...

Sent from my Nexus 5
@DrunkFuX666

I got myself recently upgraded to much hyped MotoG 4.4.2, 16gb, Dual sim. Phone. I am shocked to find that none of the recording apps are working which were working on my earlier Sony phone. I need this facility badly. Just because of this reason i have started disliking this phone.

Anyone please suggest me pointers to documented steps to get call recorder working ?. I don't want to root this phone and loose warranty. I need this facility badly.

DrunkFuX666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamspl.xxx View Post
@DrunkFuX666

I got myself recently upgraded to much hyped MotoG 4.4.2, 16gb, Dual sim. Phone. I am shocked to find that none of the recording apps are working which were working on my earlier Sony phone. I need this facility badly. Just because of this reason i have started disliking this phone.

Anyone please suggest me pointers to documented steps to get call recorder working ?. I don't want to root this phone and loose warranty. I need this facility badly.
Well unfortunately there is no way or form to get call recording to work on KitKat at all, whether you root or not. The only thing you can do is downgrade the software back to 4.3
Having said that there are various apps that say the recording is working on 4.4, but that's BS. What's working is only mic recording, not proper 2 way recording.

Sent from my Nexus 5

iamspl.xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well unfortunately there is no way or form to get call recording to work on KitKat at all, whether you root or not. The only thing you can do is downgrade the software back to 4.3
Having said that there are various apps that say the recording is working on 4.4, but that's BS. What's working is only mic recording, not proper 2 way recording.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Please give me the documented procedure you used for downgrade. Did you notice any side-effect due to this downgrade?. Was any functionality broken ? Please help. How long will it take for downgrading ?. Any precautions/backup i need to take. Sorry if they are trivial questions.

TIA

DrunkFuX666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Please give me the documented procedure you used for downgrade. Did you notice any side-effect due to this downgrade?. Was any functionality broken ? Please help. How long will it take for downgrading ?. Any precautions/backup i need to take. Sorry if they are trivial questions.

TIA
There is no effect on the phone itself, except your going to an older firmware which is not as good as the newer software by rule of thumb. But nothing which is really a deal breaker. It is just unruly that for once there is a phone that gets regular immediate updates, but your forced to use old outdated firmware which is missing new added features.
Having said that, you mentioned you are using the dual sim moto G, so I'm not 100% sure if they phone launched on 4.3 or directly on 4.4. IF it launched with KitKat, then sorry you cannot downgrade. If it launched in JB 4.3, then you can, by downloading the factory image which is about 350mb. The procedure itself takes about 15 mins if you know what your doing... Takes about 45 mins if you dont.

Just search xda for a factory flashing thread specific to your phone, I'm sure there should be one. It will have all steps listed.

Be advised tho... When downgrading the firmware, ALL data on the phone will be erased... Both system AND the SD partition. So yes you will need to backup your imp stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5

easylogs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
When I was interested on that feature I usually used an app called Callerrecorder or something like that. By then it worked fine, I dunno if still being avalaible or updated btw...

iamspl.xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone please confirm if a call recording apps work on new update 4.4.4 kitkat update on Moto G (16GB version).
This feature was working on 4.3 and was broken on 4.4.2. When i checked with Motorola Customer support executives on chat, few days back they asked me to wait for the next update.
Can anyone confirm if any of the call recording apps are working ?

Ja_som
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can anyone please confirm if a call recording apps work on new update 4.4.4 kitkat update on Moto G (16GB version).
This feature was working on 4.3 and was broken on 4.4.2. When i checked with Motorola Customer support executives on chat, few days back they asked me to wait for the next update.
Can anyone confirm if any of the call recording apps are working ?
CallRecorder is working on KitKat

Sent from my tablet./Odoslané z môjho tabletu.

&