Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Z1C][4.4.4][Unofficial] ParanoidAndroid 4.43 [07/15][New PA 4.5-Alpha1 07/18]

Tip us?

jenz25
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Wow thanks, man! You're great!

SuperHanss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2485

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarEinea View Post
I have started a pull request to merge amami device support into PA sources, hope they'll accept them,
and by that, we shall start receiving official builds and OTA
You can keep track on this pull request status by going here: http://github.com/AOSPA-legacy/andro...dor_pa/pull/63

Also the new Paranoid Android 4.5-Alpha1 is up and here is the download link:

pa_amami-4.5-Alpha1-20140718.zip - 212.92 MB

Note that this is a very early alpha 4.5 build, it isn't ready for daily use yet, it was released mostly to test the new features
which the new recent apps attached down below is a major one of them!!
I accepted the pull request and have forked your device tree into Legacy:

https://github.com/AOSPA-legacy/andr...ice_sony_amami

You have full access to this device tree so you can push directly to it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperHanss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

korpenkraxar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Great!

Wow! Fantastic development!

Does anyone have an idea about what it takes to bring the main camera sensor driver up to speed with that included in the stock ROMs? The difference in quality between the two is the only advantage I can see to SONYs version of Android.

OmarEinea
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1491
All right, now everything is set up the way it should, device tree, OTA , and of course many thanks go to SuperHanss
Now after the first official build, we should be able to update to next build through OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpenkraxar View Post
Wow! Fantastic development!

Does anyone have an idea about what it takes to bring the main camera sensor driver up to speed with that included in the stock ROMs? The difference in quality between the two is the only advantage I can see to SONYs version of Android.
I don't think that is possible at the moment..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackDex
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hello,

I bought a Xperia Z1C yesterday, and installed this ROM, which looks very very nice.
I First had a HTC Sensation with SultanXDA's ROM. A feature which i liked is the brightness control via the statusbar.

It looks like that this isn't available in this ROM, or am i missing some settings, since i have looked at all the settings i can find.
So am i missing something, and if not, is it possible to have this added It is in the CM if i'm correct.

fmaskarin
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You are not missing anything. There is no status bar brightness control in paranoidandroid.

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDex View Post
Hello,

I bought a Xperia Z1C yesterday, and installed this ROM, which looks very very nice.
I First had a HTC Sensation with SultanXDA's ROM. A feature which i liked is the brightness control via the statusbar.

It looks like that this isn't available in this ROM, or am i missing some settings, since i have looked at all the settings i can find.
So am i missing something, and if not, is it possible to have this added It is in the CM if i'm correct.
That's not a PA feature at this time. You could add it with Xposed or use a different ROM by Omar that does have brightness control in the status bar (like Carbon).

I also bought a Z1C this weekend, but I'm sticking with stock for the first few weeks, I want to know at least what the stock firmware is capable of before moving on to AOSP.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android

Tags
amami, compiled from source, kitkat 4.4.2, paranoid android 4.3, xperia z1 compact