Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from lj50036: CROMBi-kk Test Release!

[ROM]★★★[TF300 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11 ][JULY 16]★★★

Tip us?

zlazaar
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon7204 View Post
Okay, so this is going to make me sound like a noob, but I downloaded the recovery listed in post #2. I opened the .zip file and noticed there was a "recovery.img" file. However, this was the TWRP-TF300T-2_7_0_1.zip recovery file. The instructions given in the post don't seem to indicate what to do with "recovery.img." They only deal with the "cwm.img" and "twrp.blob" files.

So, am I understanding that I can flash this .zip file like a standard ROM from my TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery? Or do I need to "fastboot (address) recovery recovery.img" to flash it? It's a bit of a quandary to me. I'd like to try CROMBI-kk but I'm leery of trying to flash it using 2.6.3.0, but I don't want to bork my recovery by using the wrong one (or flashing it if it's supposed to be fastbooted). TIA for your help.
I've used this one to directly upgrade my TWRP 2.6.3.0, simply download the zip file then flash it from recovery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2772093
This build works with almost all roms available for the TF300
Asus Transformer Pad TF300TGTWRP 2.7.1.0PAC-man Beta 4.4.4PA-Gapps MicroGEASS 7 Kernel
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9190TWRP 2.7.1.0CarbonROM Kitkat 4.4.4PA-Gapps Microf4ktion 1.5.0 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to zlazaar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dman918
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP View Post
Looks more like you've flashed wrong recovery to me... Double check, that TWRP you flashed is really meant for bootloader you are currently on... If not, than the best way would be to push a right one via ADB from PC
OK, thanks. I thought that was the issue. Does anyone have a flashable zip of TWRP 2.5.0.0? I believe that one is compatible. Then I'll have to read up on how to upgrade my bootloader as I want to get on this ROM (was on the previous version of CROMBi and loved it).

d08speed3
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I had to flash gapps. Couldn't log into my Google account. This is on the latest. OP says gapps are baked in which they are but google play services weren't working. Great ROM so far.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app
His: Droid DNA
Hers: AT&T LG Optimus G

wetbiker7
Old
Thanks Meter 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by d08speed3 View Post
I had to flash gapps. Couldn't log into my Google account. This is on the latest. OP says gapps are baked in which they are but google play services weren't working. Great ROM so far.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app
For future reference, when you have a Play issue like that go into settings/ apps and locate Google Play. Clear the data and reboot. Then see if it will allow you to sign in. Ever since Play has started updating itself I've ran into that issue with several ROMs on 2 devices. Usually rebooting solves the issue although I've had to wipe data on occasion.

I just flashed the ROM and had to reboot in order for Play to start updating. So far so good. The ROM is running great.

Sent from a Wicked S3 running Wicked-X.
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
LG Marquee
TF300T Asus Transformer 32GB w/ dock
Samsung Galaxy S3

Sig created by robgee789. If you are looking for a custom Sig, he's your man. Here's a link to his thread- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1548124

YOUR SEARCH ENGINE IS YOUR FRIEND. USE IT!

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1095

DONATE TO ME
Default Mirror #1

Hey all mirror # 1 is back up and running .....

Thx Team CROMBI

and as always Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4.2 kitkat, crombi-kk, rom, tf300t