Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Phone Soft Bricked, no tool working

Tip us?
 
arnokun95
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Barcelona
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] Phone Soft Bricked, no tool working

Well, let me explain what happens...

I have an LG Optimus G, which I've rooted. I wanted to install CWM, but I didn't read at the tutorial that this wouldn't work with the bootloader locked. I restarted the phone and it tells me a "Secure Booting Error".

I can access Download Mode, and there I've tried the LG Mobile Support Tool, which always tells me that "Battery is low". I've tried unplugging the battery, but the same. If I could bypass this error, probably I could have again my phone alive. I tried using also the FlashTool, but it says the kdz is corrupt (>1GB) and when doing a test upgrade, it shows again the battery trouble.

What should I do? Shall I buy a new battery? Or is there any other method to bypass this message?

Thanks for your time and your patience.
 
hpesojames
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 238
Join Date: Sep 2013
try to search how to use LGPNST. it saved my bricked LGOG. HTH

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
LG Optimus G F180K
Samsung Galaxy Note SHV-E160K
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Plus GT-P6200
 
BartxGamer
Old
#3  
BartxGamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 132
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpesojames View Post
try to search how to use LGPNST. it saved my bricked LGOG. HTH

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
Same here dude This tool saved my phone life too

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
Using: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: Original
Interests: Music, Android Developing (Amateur)
Phone(Time) line: LGOG, LGO2x, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Diamond, Nokia E51
 
optimus_rony
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpesojames View Post
try to search how to use LGPNST. it saved my bricked LGOG. HTH

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartxGamer View Post
Same here dude This tool saved my phone life too

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
I can't enter into download mode. Whatever key combination i tries to enter download mode or fastboot mode or normal boot it just show me a error:

Secure boot error
==============
Cause: Device Unlock, So boot success

and Goes into recovery mode where i could not select any flashable zip files to flash. There's another error: E:/ Can't mound sdcard.
Cant mount data..
Anybody knows how to solve this?
 
kt-Froggy
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 588
Posts: 1,260
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_rony View Post
I can't enter into download mode. Whatever key combination i tries to enter download mode or fastboot mode or normal boot it just show me a error
It's not just a key combination... To enter download mode, you should turn off your phone (hold Power for >15 sec), then hold both Volume buttons and connect the phone by a USB cable to your computer. Is this exactly what you are doing? And it's not working?
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
 
BartxGamer
Old
#6  
BartxGamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 132
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_rony View Post
I can't enter into download mode. Whatever key combination i tries to enter download mode or fastboot mode or normal boot it just show me a error:

Secure boot error
==============
Cause: Device Unlock, So boot success

and Goes into recovery mode where i could not select any flashable zip files to flash. There's another error: E:/ Can't mound sdcard.
Cant mount data..
Anybody knows how to solve this?
But you can turn on phone and call someone etc.? Maybe you dont use E975 or F180 model of LG.


Send from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Using: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: Original
Interests: Music, Android Developing (Amateur)
Phone(Time) line: LGOG, LGO2x, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Diamond, Nokia E51
 
optimus_rony
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
It's not just a key combination... To enter download mode, you should turn off your phone (hold Power for >15 sec), then hold both Volume buttons and connect the phone by a USB cable to your computer. Is this exactly what you are doing? And it's not working?
I could enter into Download mode before and KDZed but i think something went wrong after installing Sling Rom 2.1 with 180L patch, that's why its not working anymore

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartxGamer View Post
But you can turn on phone and call someone etc.? Maybe you dont use E975 or F180 model of LG.


Send from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
After Lg logo with Secure boot Error phone goes directly to CWM recovery. My original model is F180L and I was using Sling Rom 2.1 with 180L Patch
 
BartxGamer
Old
#8  
BartxGamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 132
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_rony View Post
I could enter into Download mode before and KDZed but i think something went wrong after installing Sling Rom 2.1 with 180L patch, that's why its not working anymore

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------



After Lg logo with Secure boot Error phone goes directly to CWM recovery. My original model is F180L and I was using Sling Rom 2.1 with 180L Patch
So i think you should flash original KDZ for your LG variant, and from clean rom start flashing custom roms.

PS.: Sorry its one month but i couldnt write before, i hope you have resolved problem, or i helped rit now.
Using: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: Original
Interests: Music, Android Developing (Amateur)
Phone(Time) line: LGOG, LGO2x, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Diamond, Nokia E51
 
optimus_rony
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartxGamer View Post
So i think you should flash original KDZ for your LG variant, and from clean rom start flashing custom roms.

PS.: Sorry its one month but i couldnt write before, i hope you have resolved problem, or i helped rit now.
Thanks mate, I had managed to flash using LG FlashTool 2014 version. My phone is alive now. Thanks for your help
 
BartxGamer
Old
#10  
BartxGamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 132
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus_rony View Post
Thanks mate, I had managed to flash using LG FlashTool 2014 version. My phone is alive now. Thanks for your help
So im happy that it worked
Using: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: Original
Interests: Music, Android Developing (Amateur)
Phone(Time) line: LGOG, LGO2x, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Diamond, Nokia E51

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more