Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TWRP][PORT] Holofied Themes 480x800

Tip us?

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME
@albru123, the only thing that 2.7.1.0 is using right now which is "experimental" is f2fs. Which that can't be done anyways, unless a dev adds support for it with not only the TWRP build but with the devices kernel also (if not already done). I personally do not use that feature.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME
Hey guys, I should hopefully be back up to speed on porting twrp themes. I compiled GraphicsMagick from source to work on my phone. Was able to write a script using busybox and GM to properly port the images to any resolution %100 just by letting the script know what resolution to port it too.

All I need to do now is write a script to handle the ui.xml file properly.

Once my project is complete I will literally be able to port TWRP themes in just minutes rather than hours or even days if taking my sweet time.

Thank you all for your patience as these themes have not been forgotten .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
(Last edited by Modding.MyMind; 19th July 2014 at 12:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME

https://github.com/ModdingMyMind/TWRP_IMAGE_PORTER

If any of you decide to use this I ask only two things from you . Star the repo, and click thanks on here for me sharing it to make your life easier.

I will be starting on my script for the ui.xml very shortly to make this complete.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME
An update on my script which will port the ui.xml file from one resolution to another:

It's coming along rather well. Inside the ui.xml file are variable names which if porting manually can be determined if it's based on width or height. However, this can't be done in the script. What I am going to do is have the script find these values then echo that line on to the screen and let the user decide if it should be based on width or height. Once the user makes the decision the script will make it's modification immediately for you.

As for the rest of the values such as h=, w=, width=, height=, y=, x=, and so on, the script will automatically find them and port them for you.

The script will check each value it finds and determine if it is a blank or a zero and if it is, then it will dump that value to /dev/null so the script may continue searching for actual values which need to be focused on.

I am using sed in order to modify these values so to do this successfully, I have to read the original ui.xml file line by line and for each line echo that in to a temporary text file. Then sed will modify that line accordingly within that temporary text file. Once the modification is made, then I will transport that line from that temporary text file to a secondary temp file where it will be stored.

All other lines within the originial ui.xml which does not require to be ported will also be transported over to that secondary temp file.

When the script is finished you will basically have two ui.xml files. One will be the original, and the other will be a copy of that original, only it will be ported to your specified resolution.

Much more work to be done to my script but it's coming along REALLY WELL .

The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME
Here is a picture to show what my script is doing while porting the ui.xml file. I'm currently debugging the script but lets just say it's working like a charm

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1250

DONATE TO ME
My script for porting the ui.xml file is working guys. It currently only has one issue which I have to fix. It will ignore the keyboard template inside the ui.xml while porting. Other than that, I can port a twrp theme in a matter of minutes and the results look amazing in my recovery. Once I fix the keyboardtemplate issue and then optimize my script some more I will release it to the public.

A warning when using this script:

If you have NO EXPERIENCE in porting TWRP themes then the script may be confusing to you.

I will recommend that you port a few TWRP themes manually so you have a better understanding on how the process works.

If you lack experience porting these themes and later use my script, please refrain from asking me troubleshoot questions.

However, if you notice something of relevant importance regarding the script which would help to improve it then my ears are definitely open.

I will release it on my github and post the link here in due time.