Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{Rick's ROM V4}-{Deodexed-DeBloated-KK- 4.4.2-NCG}-{Retail Verizon S5}-{SafeStrap} Updated 7-22-14 {Simple-Smooth-Tweaked}

Tip us?

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedadrenaline View Post
Dude.......... How do you own Android and not use SwiftKey? Try it for 3 days and I promise your hooked.
The lack of the top row of numbers kills it for me. I don't like pressing the extra key for selecting numbers. I got used to the row of numbers with the Note3.

Inkedadrenaline
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Maybe they've changed it since you last used it? Mines set up to long press the top row for numbers and you can set the long press time

trud9340
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
The lack of the top row of numbers kills it for me. I don't like pressing the extra key for selecting numbers. I got used to the row of numbers with the Note3.
You can actually enable top row number keys, dig around in settings. I'm using it right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Settings - > layout -> number row

The Following User Says Thank You to trud9340 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340 View Post
You can actually enable top row number keys, dig around in settings. I'm using it right now.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Settings - > layout -> number row

Awesome, thanks. I'm using it now and the numbers enabled.

BadKarma81
Old
Thanks Meter 25
The thing that bugs me is it's 66 MB ram usage, Google keyboard is 26 MB. Also, it seems like SwiftKey starts to take awhile to pop up after it has a fairly large correct/complete database.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadKarma81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma81 View Post
The thing that bugs me is it's 66 MB ram usage, Google keyboard is 26 MB. Also, it seems like SwiftKey starts to take awhile to pop up after it has a fairly large correct/complete database.
Lol, I went back to the stock keyboard anyways.

Droid_Evo_8
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I can't live without Swiftkey, now that they made it free AND emojis included.

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Updated OP, install instructions and download links. Added lots of tweaks for better battery, internet and overall performance. Updated SuperSU to the latest, there in no more need for the extra file to flash. You can probably get away with a dirty flash (wipe cache and dalvik cache) but I still recommend a clean flash (factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache). Enjoy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]