Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock On Not Working

Tip us?

hollywoodS14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If you're Verizon and knock on isn't working and you have a a dead area towards the top of the screen, warranty replacement seems to be the best and easiest fix. I haven't found any tech info on fixing the issue, but its seems to be something internal hardware related. Took it into a corporate VZW store, showed them the issues, and they set up the warranty replacement. If you're not sure about the dead spot, open up the notebook app. Try to draw vertical lines the complete length of the screen. Mine had about a 1/4 inch are where the screen did not register anything.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklehead View Post
I found another thread here referring to a dead area on the screen. It suggested using an app called LCD Tester to test the screen. I tried and got the same results they did in the exact same area.
Odd thing is if it's only one area of the screen, why doesn't knockon work at all instead of just in that one area?
Grrr

I have no proof or evidence, but my best guess is its multiple issues. Obviously as we have read there has been a need to update the touch software after the kitkat update. We also know that the Verizon variant is a unique device compared to all the other variants. My gut tell me there is something is something that was changed in the Verizon variant causing hardware or digitzer issue, maybe that starts with a touch software issue or maybe heat from the 4.4.2 update. I keep reference the 4.4.2 update because it seems that everyone having the issue seems to have it not long after the doing the update. The only thing i didn't try software wise and reverting back to JB to see if that fixed or trying to side load the hidden menu apk and trying to do a touch software update. if anyone else has anything more definitive please chime in.

chucklehead
Old
Thanks Meter 36
My replacement shows up Tuesday.

TechGirl90
Old
(Last edited by TechGirl90; 23rd July 2014 at 04:50 AM.) Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!
Thanks Meter 51
ARRRRGGGGH, I tried everything, it refuses to work for me, I don't want to pay for a replacement, but I just might have to.

UPDATE: PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED, YAAAAAAY!!!!! LOL!!!!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk