Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap featuring1FileFlash&DoneNC2/NC5-EZ

Tip us?

Tulsadiver
Old
(Last edited by Tulsadiver; 17th July 2014 at 02:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Default BlackBox

I did a quick look at BlackBox. It installed fine. Getting the old processcom.android. phone has stopped message. There is a white box in the status bar that showed up. After I selected a battery icon it showed up fine at first. I then centered the clock and the battery icon disappeared all together. There is a lock icon on the far right. Not sure what that is about. Seems fast though it only benchmarked at 25,550.

edit: The battery colors don't seem to work correctly and so the speed battery I selected was blacked out. I tried a circle one and it has shown up and stayed so far.

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie View Post
no problem better to ask first. your better off however downloading this unrar it and then download new version 3 of towelroot. open odin 3.10 put the big .tar file in the AP slot and flash. either before or after flashing do a full wipe/system factory reset and your upgraded. then to root open the towelroot apk on your phone. you can also flash a custom recovery or even safestrap if on mdk along with a custom kernel if you want too.
Ok, so I had an issue with this. I factory resetted my phone then went into download mode to flash the odin file. I flashed the file the whole way and when it rebooted I got a yellow triangle that said I put a bad file onto my phone and contact verizon about it. I ended up resetting back to stock MDK again after that. I just ideally want to be able to use Hyperdrive and other NC2/NC5 roms. If there is an easy file I could flash in TWRP to give me this, please let me know. Also, if you know the reason why that issue came up, please let me know. thanks again for your help!!

gigilie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman View Post
Ok, so I had an issue with this. I factory resetted my phone then went into download mode to flash the odin file. I flashed the file the whole way and when it rebooted I got a yellow triangle that said I put a bad file onto my phone and contact verizon about it. I ended up resetting back to stock MDK again after that. I just ideally want to be able to use Hyperdrive and other NC2/NC5 roms. If there is an easy file I could flash in TWRP to give me this, please let me know. Also, if you know the reason why that issue came up, please let me know. thanks again for your help!!
the only files in the tars are official stock verizon so this should not come up. its probably erroring due to your twrp recovery or a custom kernel. either way the only thing you need to run those roms is the newest KT kernel and maybe the nc2 modem you dont need anything but this stuff read my OP in verizon dev section for Chaos it will tell you what to do to run chaos. its that simple... your just making it too complicated

royredman
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie View Post
the only files in the tars are official stock verizon so this should not come up. its probably erroring due to your twrp recovery or a custom kernel. either way the only thing you need to run those roms is the newest KT kernel and maybe the nc2 modem you dont need anything but this stuff read my OP in verizon dev section for Chaos it will tell you what to do to run chaos. its that simple... your just making it too complicated
Ok, can you link me to the MDK nc2 modem? Also, do kernels like ktoonez support that by now. I hope I am over complicating this. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

djmcho
Old
Thanks Meter 25
With the sound problem... I dumped some files into /sys/media/notifcations and when I use built in media explorer to assign a sound file to any app the phone plays the same.. what I believe ... is the vow tone file. Does the no sound fix patch address this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

shady79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi issue

I cant seem to get wifi working. I started with step 3 of the 2nd method in the op cuz i was on 4.3 and rooted with SS. i installed the newest Hyperdrive rom and flashed all the files according to the steps in SS then flashed the boot img in Odin and evrything worked fine but i have no wifi. I tried both nc5 and nc2 and tried all the wifi fix files and for them and nothing. i searched and read all over this thread and cant figure it out. Am i missing something? Someone please help...

aknotts415
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver View Post
I did a quick look at BlackBox. It installed fine. Getting the old processcom.android. phone has stopped message. There is a white box in the status bar that showed up. After I selected a battery icon it showed up fine at first. I then centered the clock and the battery icon disappeared all together. There is a lock icon on the far right. Not sure what that is about. Seems fast though it only benchmarked at 25,550.

edit: The battery colors don't seem to work correctly and so the speed battery I selected was blacked out. I tried a circle one and it has shown up and stayed so far.
Did you make sure to uncheck the transparency box when choosing the color?
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 4.4.2 NC5 Towelroot SafeStrap 3.72
Roms:
1.) Echoe V26.1 4.4.2 SS UPSM Part2
2.) Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling 4.4.2
3.) BlackBox 321 - Blax Gigilie V2 DSA/Gigilie ROM
3.) ChaosROM-VZW-V2.6-NCx-4.4.2-SS-MDK-MULTI-THEMED

aknotts415
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I Have successfully flashed Gigilies Black Box321 Blax gigilie v2 and it seems awesome!. 3Minit works there are some issues with the clock and battery icon changes in there but usually if u go back and forth between changes the changes eventually apply. 2 FC's on boot but thats all. As with MMS or GPS havent ran into any issues but I do not use Mobile Data (have verizons cheapa@@ individual plan with 250MB of data).

Facebook and FB Messenger are modded to be black backgrounds and look sweet

The play store is also modded black background.

Seems very fast. Very AOSP with like. Very similar to Chaos is Foxhound theme or black/grey kitkat. No signal bar problem here.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 4.4.2 NC5 Towelroot SafeStrap 3.72
Roms:
1.) Echoe V26.1 4.4.2 SS UPSM Part2
2.) Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling 4.4.2
3.) BlackBox 321 - Blax Gigilie V2 DSA/Gigilie ROM
3.) ChaosROM-VZW-V2.6-NCx-4.4.2-SS-MDK-MULTI-THEMED