Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone goes into reboot loop when unplugged from AC

OP Icouldbetheone

22nd June 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys I am new to this forum.
My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Help please, should I get a new battery?
22nd June 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 184

764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icouldbetheone

My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Yup
22nd June 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icouldbetheone

Change your battery
23rd June 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim799

Change your battery

i'm also having the same problem for a couple of days now, especially if i try to go on the internet via my phone. did anyone get back to you on this?
23rd June 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 184

764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannarafie

i'm also having the same problem for a couple of days now, especially if i try to go on the internet via my phone. did anyone get back to you on this?

It's the battery, 100% positive!
22nd July 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
update
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannarafie

Update:

After replacing the original battery with a new one the phone went back to normal function. Also , when removing the old battery I noticed it's a little swollen.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread