Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone goes into reboot loop when unplugged from AC

Tip us?

Icouldbetheone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone goes into reboot loop when unplugged from AC

Hey guys I am new to this forum.
My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Help please, should I get a new battery?

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icouldbetheone View Post
My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Yup
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4 (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.0 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANC2
Baseband : I8190XXANC2

qasim799
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icouldbetheone View Post

Change your battery

rosannarafie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim799 View Post
Change your battery
i'm also having the same problem for a couple of days now, especially if i try to go on the internet via my phone. did anyone get back to you on this?

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannarafie View Post
i'm also having the same problem for a couple of days now, especially if i try to go on the internet via my phone. did anyone get back to you on this?
It's the battery, 100% positive!
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4 (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.0 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANC2
Baseband : I8190XXANC2

Icouldbetheone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannarafie View Post

Update:

After replacing the original battery with a new one the phone went back to normal function. Also , when removing the old battery I noticed it's a little swollen.

Thanks everyone for the help.