Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][7/11/14]

Tip us?

dromaius
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Can't connect to hidden WLAN

I found that Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][7/11/14] has a bug as other GEE roms: I can't connect to WLAN repeater with hidden SSID and WPA. With GEEHRC roms I did not have this problem. It is serious to me because the WLAN at work is a hidden one. Any clue?

Dromaius

catchem99
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher1973 View Post
Latest Carbon Rom on my E975 (international) works fine, somewhat iffy with battery though, still wakelocks from Google Play Services, and it sometimes locks up when you enter screen lock. (touch screen doesn't work anymore- needs a powerdown trough powerbutton (press and hold))
I can testify for this also,
all works well for be, but sometimes when I press the power button, only the softkeys lights up, but the screen doesn't..
is this a kernel problem? or a rom problem?
///Nexus 4

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dromaius View Post
I found that Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][7/11/14] has a bug as other GEE roms: I can't connect to WLAN repeater with hidden SSID and WPA. With GEEHRC roms I did not have this problem. It is serious to me because the WLAN at work is a hidden one. Any clue?

Dromaius
No clue at all. Sorry. Not something I can fix either.

Expect a new build this weekend.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to latrotoxin1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dromaius
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrotoxin1986 View Post
No clue at all. Sorry. Not something I can fix either.
Expect a new build this weekend.
May be you can forward the bug description one level up, to your source.
And I will count the minutes until the build be released.

Dromaius

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dromaius View Post
May be you can forward the bug description one level up, to your source.
And I will count the minutes until the build be released.

Dromaius
The guy who developed GEE source is no longer with us and since there's no official support from Carbon they won't help with any bugs either. Kind of a dead end at this point. I can mention it, but if it's source related, very unlikely it'll get fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to latrotoxin1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dromaius
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
The guy who developed GEE source is no longer with us and since there's no official support from Carbon they won't help with any bugs either. Kind of a dead end at this point. I can mention it, but if it's source related, very unlikely it'll get fixed.
With this explanation, it makes sense why I find this error at each GEE version.

Dromaius

mk_ln
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk_W0lf View Post
Man... It only fails.. no update from google play.. MAC changes every restart forcing me to change the mac in the whitelist of my router... It's a little... unpleasant to use..
i've had some roms cause this issue before...i remember having to flash some fix for it, but what it was exactly...
If you've found my post helpful, you can thank me by clicking the 'Thanks' button.

(phone history...)
Mitsubishi G75 - Sony Ericsson T200 - Sony Ericsson T226 - Motorola SLVR L7 - Nokia N95 8GB - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Apple iPhone 4 16GB -Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc/X12 - Galaxy Nexus I9250 - Galaxy SIII I747 32GB - LG Optimus G 32GB - Nexus 4 16GB

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Carbon builds have been failing for several days due to upstream errors. I will have new builds up as soon as the issues get resolved.

m4dbra1n
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Carbon builds have been failing for several days due to upstream errors. I will have new builds up as soon as the issues get resolved.

@latotroxin86 don't worry, you don't have to apologise every time since it's not your fault and it's not a work.

Take it easy, we'll wait here for your new builds

and keep up the good work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4dbra1n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]