Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,190 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PARTIAL REVIEW] Jiayu G4S 16GB ROM 2GB RAM

Tip us?

Doman
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
swap internal with sd maybe why do you need linking anyway? do you have 4gb version?

My little handheld story:
Begining: 3Com Palm IIIc
PocketPC / Windows Mobile era: HP iPAQ 1940 => ASUS MyPal A636 => HTC Feeler (Qtek 8020) => HTC Wizard (Qtek 9100) => HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) => ASUS P750
Android era: Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-i5700 => Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V => Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (GT-S7710)

Present model: Jiayu G4S

juan186
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How is the gps?

but-888-
Old
(Last edited by but-888-; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doman View Post
swap internal with sd maybe why do you need linking anyway? do you have 4gb version?
Quite a lot big games on the phone 16gb version. But with the games space is to tight.
Any walktrough for the swapping available?

Gps inside behind the window and Outside partly cloudy

Doman
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Simply edit a file /system/etc/vold.fstab (root rights required):

dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 .............
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 ............

The first line will cause to mount sdcard (Internal Memory) as a sdcard1, and the second one (real SD Card) as a sdcard0. But the method is not suitable for KitKat.

PocketPC / Windows Mobile era: HP iPAQ 1940 => ASUS MyPal A636 => HTC Feeler (Qtek 8020) => HTC Wizard (Qtek 9100) => HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) => ASUS P750
Android era: Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-i5700 => Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V => Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (GT-S7710)

chalimoja
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:

The first line will cause to mount sdcard (Internal Memory) as a sdcard1, and the second one (real SD Card) as a sdcard0. But the method is not suitable for KitKat.
am afraid this method doesn't work for kitkat the vold file is not in that location in kitkat. i think to switch storage you'll have to edit the kernel (boot.img) for the kitkat rom. its a really long and complicated process so i just went back to the jellybean rom by brox v3 which has been super so far.

but-888-
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host

This way?
Thanks

Doman
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by but-888- View Post
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host

This way?
Thanks
Yes, it's good. The only thing you have to actualy change in the whole file is sdcard0 and sdcard1 words. Reboot and your memories should be swapped. Just be awared, that some of your apps may go crazy after the swap, depending what you have installed and where (Internal Memory or SD Card memory).

but-888-
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah can Image, will copy all files related to apps onto the sdcard first
Thanks for your help, much appreciated

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

@Doman one last question, my external sd is a 64gb fat32 formatted, will this properly work or do i need to reformat?

Doman
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
It should I think, it's just a different mounting point. But make a copy just in case I've done it with 32GB FAT32 card without any problems.