Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 51,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G900S/K/L (Korea Model) Custom Rom

Tip us?
 
HolicHeart
Old
#1  
HolicHeart's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default G900S/K/L (Korea Model) Custom Rom

I just flashed some of custom roms..
If I modify boot.img/csc files, it works in Korea Model, too.

However, like CM based rom, we can't flash it because cm has their own kernel.

Are there no plans of supporting Korea Model?

Sent from SM-G900S (klteskt)
Firmware : G900SKSU1ANE5
Android Version : 4.4.2
Rom : Stock
 
hellboy13
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default Need details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolicHeart View Post
I just flashed some of custom roms..
If I modify boot.img/csc files, it works in Korea Model, too.

However, like CM based rom, we can't flash it because cm has their own kernel.

Are there no plans of supporting Korea Model?

Sent from SM-G900S (klteskt)
Firmware : G900SKSU1ANE5
Android Version : 4.4.2
Rom : Stock
Hi H,

Can you let me know what exact changes you are doing to get other roms working on the g900s? Also aren't the other roms messing with your partition (assuming u have the 32gb model)?

Buying this shortly so the knowledge wld help as I love flashing custom stuff.
 
HolicHeart
Old
#3  
HolicHeart's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy13 View Post
Hi H,

Can you let me know what exact changes you are doing to get other roms working on the g900s? Also aren't the other roms messing with your partition (assuming u have the 32gb model)?

Buying this shortly so the knowledge wld help as I love flashing custom stuff.
If I change boot partition and some csc files, most of custom roms will work fine. I am now making Rom Enabler for KOR models.

However, CM Rom has their own kernel, unless someone ports, it is impossible to use.

나의 SM-G900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
The Following User Says Thank You to HolicHeart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hellboy13
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolicHeart View Post
If I change boot partition and some csc files, most of custom roms will work fine. I am now making Rom Enabler for KOR models.

However, CM Rom has their own kernel, unless someone ports, it is impossible to use.

나의 SM-G900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
I am an average user who likes to have the best custom bits for his rom. Can you let me know if it would be easy for you to share the details on how to do it?
Or should I wait for your enabler? Will it be windows executable? Any possible estimate on release time lines?

The enabler would be an awesome idea for unifying development.
 
HolicHeart
Old
#5  
HolicHeart's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy13 View Post
I am an average user who likes to have the best custom bits for his rom. Can you let me know if it would be easy for you to share the details on how to do it?
Or should I wait for your enabler? Will it be windows executable? Any possible estimate on release time lines?

The enabler would be an awesome idea for unifying development.
Hmm... Can I know your device's name? For example, klteskt or G900S.

The Enabler is very simple. You can flash the file with Recovery. I'll make a file only for G900 Korea Model. I may upload in Android Development on this Friday. Thanks.

나의 SM-G900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
 
hellboy13
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolicHeart View Post
Hmm... Can I know your device's name? For example, klteskt or G900S.

The Enabler is very simple. You can flash the file with Recovery. I'll make a file only for G900 Korea Model. I may upload in Android Development on this Friday. Thanks.

나의 SM-G900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
It's G900S the 32gb one. If this is a flashable zip then do we flash the enabler before flashing an non G900S rom? I thought the enabler would work on the non G900S rom before flashing it, hence asked if it was windows executable or not.
 
guru_floyd
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 30
Join Date: Sep 2009
I have the G900S and unable to flash a recovery. It keeps looping to download mode after flash. Can someone plz help me out here?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...