Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[guide] install at&t kitkat e980 stock flash + root + recovery - complete wipe !

Tip us?

chappatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
In the OP and in my thread
Hey, hyelton, thanks for visiting,,!
The Following User Says Thank You to chappatti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MDMTahiti
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up The steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti View Post
No Problem.

To do the OTA I guess you went back to complete stock ? Yeah, that is a good option too....! Only, it requires one extra flash (going back to stock!)

Just for info, can you please add the steps to your post.

Thanks.
I went back to pure stock and no custom recovery, then did the 10p update - I found that the update to 10p would not work with other than stock recovery. I then just used the settings query for OTA update, downloaded and installed - all my programs and data were intact after the update, except apps requiring root would not run correctly. I then followed your steps to root. I still have the stock recovery at this point. KitKat runs great.
The Following User Says Thank You to MDMTahiti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chappatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMTahiti View Post
I went back to pure stock and no custom recovery, then did the 10p update - I found that the update to 10p would not work with other than stock recovery. I then just used the settings query for OTA update, downloaded and installed - all my programs and data were intact after the update, except apps requiring root would not run correctly. I then followed your steps to root. I still have the stock recovery at this point. KitKat runs great.
So when going back to complete stock the 10p, how did you keep apps, settings if you used odin.? Just interested in your procedure since obviously OTA on stock will retain programs and settings.

MDMTahiti
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up It just worked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti View Post
So when going back to complete stock the 10p, how did you keep apps, settings if you used odin.? Just interested in your procedure since obviously OTA on stock will retain programs and settings.
Honestly, I don't know. I had been flashing lots of different ROMS and then went back the total day 1 stock. I then updated OTA to 10p a couple of months ago and rooted but did not flash a custom recovery. I then heard that 4.4.2 was available, checked via the about link and downloaded. All the apps and data stayed in place. I then rooted and have yet to flash a custom recovery. I'm sorry I can't give you more detail. But I can tell you that I seem to have better battery life, and I had to pair my phone to my car again. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to MDMTahiti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glugo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i miss network connection

hi, i follow your steps, and it worked, i have KK now on my e980.
but... sometimes i lost my network connection, and it returns in a minute or two
any ideas?

vxkillswitchxv37
Old
Thanks Meter 15
With the recovery installed from this thread. Can we flash non stock custom roms or just stock roms.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app