Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New firmware/boot.img/ota nag removal for s-off

Tip us?

Tigerstown
Old
(Last edited by Tigerstown; 18th July 2014 at 03:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by -4ndr01d- View Post
does that phone running the old radio have to be s-off or rooted in order to pull the radio?
Pretty sure just root only. R you on old firmware still or just radios?
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04

bonbon363
Old
(Last edited by bonbon363; 21st July 2014 at 01:17 AM.) Reason: Link deleted
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown View Post
No there is not old radio's out well that I'm aware of..so pretty much not possible.. I guess if you know how you might be able to remove radios before firmware.zip yourself. But I'm not sure just throwing out idea to look into if you want the old radios.

I am not sure if this is stock radio or not because i have renamed it to something i can distinguish then renamed again to radio.img for easy flashing.

It it is what i think it is then..

This is a back up radio before i flashed any radio related flashes.

Feel free to check it out and let me know too lol.

Tigerstown
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Hey everyone. I have a copy of the old radios people r asking for. I'm going to make a flashable.zip tonight an will post. Just a heads up

sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigerstown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intellem0s
Old
Thanks Meter 6
After the fastboot flash zip firmware.zip command, I'm getting a FAILED (Unknown status code) error.

The firmware zip is in the platforms directory, i tried clean installing the firmware file..The only thing I can think that might be an issue is the CMD says Sending Firmware.zip (28701) but in the directory itself, the file size is 28702. Not sure if that could be a problem...

Any suggestions?

:: HTC One (M8) :: S-Off :: ViperOne 1.8.0 :: Kernel FauxCode ::- Firmware 1.54.401.5 ::
:: Harman Kardon Enabled :: Jishnu's Camera Mod ::

Tigerstown
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by intellem0s View Post
After the fastboot flash zip firmware.zip command, I'm getting a FAILED (Unknown status code) error.

The firmware zip is in the platforms directory, i tried clean installing the firmware file..The only thing I can think that might be an issue is the CMD says Sending Firmware.zip (28701) but in the directory itself, the file size is 28702. Not sure if that could be a problem...

Any suggestions?
Can I see your cmd window? Also you sure its in your fastboot folder? Also did u rename file? An u using windows?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerstown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intellem0s
Old
(Last edited by intellem0s; Yesterday at 12:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown View Post
Can I see your cmd window? Also you sure its in your fastboot folder? Also did u rename file? An u using windows?

Here it is

Update: It was a driver issue. I needed to reinstall the drivers. Thanks for your prompt response though, Tigerstown
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	66
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	2865782  

:: HTC One (M8) :: S-Off :: ViperOne 1.8.0 :: Kernel FauxCode ::- Firmware 1.54.401.5 ::
:: Harman Kardon Enabled :: Jishnu's Camera Mod ::

Tigerstown
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by intellem0s View Post
Here it is

Update: It was a driver issue. I needed to reinstall the drivers. Thanks for your prompt response though, Tigerstown
Glad your all set.