Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

galaxy note from 4.4.1 to 4.0.4 downgrade

Tip us?
 
lakkuMS
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default How to revert back from Omni ROM KitKat to Stock Jellybean Rom on my N7000

Hi,
I am a noob and have installed Omni ROM KitKat 4.4.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
I am not able to effectively the features that were available on my note ealrier, not I am able to backup contacts from Titanium BAck Up.
I would like to revert back to the original firmware jellybean 4.1.2 . Is downgrading going to brick my mobile , can some one help me with this .
 
nokiamodeln91
Old
#12  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2630
Posts: 7,019
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakkuMS View Post
Hi,
I am a noob and have installed Omni ROM KitKat 4.4.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
I am not able to effectively the features that were available on my note ealrier, not I am able to backup contacts from Titanium BAck Up.
I would like to revert back to the original firmware jellybean 4.1.2 . Is downgrading going to brick my mobile , can some one help me with this .
Downgrading to JB is as easy as booting into recovery, wiping data, booting into download mode and flashing the stock rom
or booting into recovery and flash a custom TW rom or restore the backup if you made any before flashing Omni.
 
doloresanto
Old
#13  
doloresanto's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
I have a non-rooted phone upgraded with what Samsung provided (several OTA, then Kies to 4.1.2, N7000XXLTC).

I'd like to downgrade to stock 4.0.4. My steps are:

1. wipe cache & data from Recovery (would a Factory Reset do both?);
2. use Odin to flash the ROM;
3. never do any sort of wipe again.

Is that correct?
 
nokiamodeln91
Old
#14  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2630
Posts: 7,019
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresanto View Post
I have a non-rooted phone upgraded with what Samsung provided (several OTA, then Kies to 4.1.2, N7000XXLTC).

I'd like to downgrade to stock 4.0.4. My steps are:

1. wipe cache & data from Recovery (would a Factory Reset do both?);
2. use Odin to flash the ROM;
3. never do any sort of wipe again.

Is that correct?
Steps are correct... Use the recovery option to wipe data / factory reset ..instead of the settings menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
doloresanto
Old
#15  
doloresanto's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Do I have to root my device to use PC Odin?
 
nokiamodeln91
Old
#16  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2630
Posts: 7,019
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresanto View Post
Do I have to root my device to use PC Odin?
No
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes