Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Battery

OP big70tom

22nd July 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #11  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 19

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNick

The misconception that you and most people get is the only way to get better battery life is the physical size of the battery, but thats wrong! what about reducing how much battery the screen uses, or how the phone sips the juice from the battery, or what the phone does when the screen is off? all those things are incorporated in the G3 if you have read or seen their event. so me personally Im thinking probably same or better battery life than the g2 because of innovations.

Its not the same battery as the g2. yes there are software tricks enabled to lesson the drain of the 2k display, but in the end, a physically larger battery will never hurt.,,, because such software tricks can still be utilized on a larger battery.

Not that the battery life is bad, but it isn't class leading or anything. You'll see users posting about 7-8 hours of SOT on M8 and GS5 forums. On this site everyone is just trying their best to get 5-6 hours. I do think 5-6 hours is good, (I got 4 hours on my first discharge, and that included being mostly on LTE and playing around with the camera and taking videos). So i do think I should be able to achieve 5 hours of SOT under normal usage (wifi use and no camera). But its definitively not better than the G2 battery.
23rd July 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #12  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 7

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splcfiya

Its not the same battery as the g2. yes there are software tricks enabled to lesson the drain of the 2k display, but in the end, a physically larger battery will never hurt.,,, because such software tricks can still be utilized on a larger battery.

Not that the battery life is bad, but it isn't class leading or anything. You'll see users posting about 7-8 hours of SOT on M8 and GS5 forums. On this site everyone is just trying their best to get 5-6 hours. I do think 5-6 hours is good, (I got 4 hours on my first discharge, and that included being mostly on LTE and playing around with the camera and taking videos). So i do think I should be able to achieve 5 hours of SOT under normal usage (wifi use and no camera). But its definitively not better than the G2 battery.

Yeah you right about that it is not going to better than the g2. But what your doing is comparing the g3s weakness to the g2s strength. Definitely not a good idea lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread