[SM-T325] CyanogenMod 11.0 UNOFFICIAL nightlies: Tab Pro 8.4 LTE (mondrianlte)

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks ill test the new rom if im @ home
Did you see my new issue on github?
And did you find something out about the green screen issue?

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for new build. Everything seems ok but the green screen problem is still there. Not sure what I can do to help your work a fix. Let me know.

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah, I haven't looked at the video issue. I've had family visiting and the limited Android time I've had has been busy with other issues (DRM problems that have cascaded into Google Play Videos problems).
@Fankserver gave me a link tha reproduces the problem in Chrome (works fine or me if I play it in Gallery), but if you have other links (and what to do to see the problem), that could be helpful for when I start to look at it.

This build was just because it had been awhile since the last one.

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
OP updated with links to the source repos.[/QUOTE

Hi, do you know how to make a mondrianwifi rom compatible on mondrianlte ?

Have you planned to maintain another Custom-Rom ?

I really like your Work keep it up ;)

Best Regard's

Alex1911

It's best too treat it like a different device. That is why I am doing separate builds for the mondrianlte. There are some small hardware differences between the two and the telephony options need to be selected when you build it, not when it is running.

If you are looking for other source based ROMs then someone will have to build them. The good news is that I have already done 99.9% of the work in the CM repos.

kurosawa79

Mar 17, 2010
Hi crpalmer

One more problem I noticed in the latest update

Do not us cm11 themes if you also use xposed framework on latest release. Sends the tab crazy with frequent freezes and lost theme components on reboot. I understand that a patch has been applied to fix this http://xdaforums.com/xposed/cm11-themes-issue-caused-xposed-t2803025/page9 this so look forward to this update when this it comes :) also on latest update play store acts a little strange, downloading updates a number of times before it updates. *now fixed in latest nightly

For now reverted back to the 0708 release. Still have problems with elements of the theme not persisting after reboot but at least tab is stable

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

On the green screen issue, all videos viewed in chrome from YouTube has this issue. I would say that if you immediately start the video in full screen when it loads it will green screen 90 percent of the time. Like I've said before, closing full screen and reenabling it fixes the issue but just bugs me!

Thanks for your efforts crpalmer!

Last edited:

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Hi crpalmer

One more problem I noticed in the latest update

Do not us cm11 themes if you also use xposed framework on latest release. Sends the tab crazy with frequent freezes and lost theme components on reboot. I understand that a patch has been applied to fix this http://xdaforums.com/xposed/cm11-themes-issue-caused-xposed-t2803025/page9 this so look forward to this update when this it comes :) also on latest update play store acts a little strange, downloading updates a number of times before it updates. *now fixed in latest nightly

For now reverted back to the 0708 release. Still have problems with elements of the theme not persisting after reboot but at least tab is stable

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

On the green screen issue, all videos viewed in chrome from YouTube has this issue. I would say that if you immediately start the video in full screen when it loads it will green screen 90 percent of the time. Like I've said before, closing full screen and reenabling it fixes the issue but just bugs me!

Thanks for your efforts crpalmer!

Personally, I would recommend not using Xposed. It is really amazing more things don't break with it... How it works is frightening.

kurosawa79

Mar 17, 2010
Crpalmer

That's interesting 're xposed. Can you elaborate on why it's bad. I have no clue but obviously would be concerned if there are serious security issues with using it.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

After reading this http://blog.itsnotfound.com/2013/04/xposed-framework/
I understand your concerns.

I think a warning for everyone out there that uses xposed. With great power comes great responsibility!

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Crpalmer

That's interesting 're xposed. Can you elaborate on why it's bad. I have no clue but obviously would be concerned if there are serious security issues with using it.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

After reading this http://blog.itsnotfound.com/2013/04/xposed-framework/
I understand your concerns.

I think a warning for everyone out there that uses xposed. With great power comes great responsibility!

It changes things in apks, frameworks, etc. Think of it like people that take a stock ROM and then customize it, test it, fix it, test it, fix it, and release it. Except, instead of a person doing all of that, think of software that does customize it, release it without that pesky test and fix phase that a person does...

Airfoil

Nov 10, 2009
**FEATURE REQUEST**

Dunno if it is a bug, or just how the phone app is written, but it seems that the active microphone in use is backwards. That is, when in Speakerphone mode, it is using the Mic at the bottom of the device (by the USB and speakers), and when not using speaker phone, it is using the Mic on the right side (just above the power button).

Problem is in speakerphone mode, you get a lot of echo / reverb. And when not using speakerphone, people have difficulty hearing you (because you are naturally positioning the phone with the bottom mic closest to your mouth).

FWIW

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
**FEATURE REQUEST**

Dunno if it is a bug, or just how the phone app is written, but it seems that the active microphone in use is backwards. That is, when in Speakerphone mode, it is using the Mic at the bottom of the device (by the USB and speakers), and when not using speaker phone, it is using the Mic on the right side (just above the power button).

Problem is in speakerphone mode, you get a lot of echo / reverb. And when not using speakerphone, people have difficulty hearing you (because you are naturally positioning the phone with the bottom mic closest to your mouth).

FWIW

Can anyone else confirm this? I believe that I'm using the stock definitions for all of these but it's possible I screwed something up.

*edit* Actually, there is one place that I made changes which may have screwed this up...

Last edited:

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Can anyone else confirm this? I believe that I'm using the stock definitions for all of these but it's possible I screwed something up.

*edit* Actually, there is one place that I made changes which may have screwed this up...

No one else can take the time to confirm the speakers being inverted. I obviously can't test it myself on my sm-t320 which doesn't even have one of those mics...

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011

Make a call (e.g. leave yourself a message so you can then hear how it works yourself instead of asking someone else), cover one microphone and talk directly into the other, cover the other one and talk into the one you originally covered. Which one seems to be picking up the audio? Repeat with speakerphone enabled. Which one seems to be picking up the audio?

peshkata

Apr 16, 2009
Make a call (e.g. leave yourself a message so you can then hear how it works yourself instead of asking someone else), cover one microphone and talk directly into the other, cover the other one and talk into the one you originally covered. Which one seems to be picking up the audio? Repeat with speakerphone enabled. Which one seems to be picking up the audio?

OK I just tested it the way you told me and I confirm that :

- in normal mode, it is the secondary noise cancellation mic thru which I could hear myself way better than the one down;
- in speakerphone mode, everything works as intended that is the mic down works as the primary one.

Airfoil

Nov 10, 2009
OK I just tested it the way you told me and I confirm that :

- in normal mode, it is the secondary noise cancellation mic thru which I could hear myself way better than the one down;
- in speakerphone mode, everything works as intended that is the mic down works as the primary one.

I would say primary for phone should be the bottom (where your mouth would be when talking), And the mic on the side in speakerphone mode since the bottom mic is simply too close to the speakers and causes distortion and echoing.

Also the non-phone version only has the 1 mic by the power button, further reinforcing that is primary when the speakers are in use.

FWIW.

Reactions: breakdaice

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
New release: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/mondrianlte/cm-11-20140723-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianlte.zip

* Update to latest CM source (as always)

Device changes:

* tabpro-common: init: Tone down cpu-boost driver
* tabpro-common: Set interactive up_threshold values
* tabpro-common: Configure our hardware, don't rely on post-boot.sh
* tabpro-common: Fix thermal configuration
* tabpro-common: overlay: Tell Trebuchet we are a tablet
* tabpro-common: overlay: Minor updates from stock
* tabpro-common: Swap the microphones for voice calls

Kernel changes:

* interactive governor patches from myfluxi (hammerhead)

nagendraps

Sep 23, 2012
Bangalore
Thanks @crpalmer for updating to latest CM11 source, I love this ROM, but I am having trouble to make link2sd work. It was was working when in stock rooted , Now I am getting error "App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage." Do I need to format the external sd cad to EXT4 type ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* See post #2

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Links

CyanogenMod: (use latest build): http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/mondrianlte/
    * See the second post for most details about nightlies.

Google apps addon: (use latest kk gapps)
    Download: http://goo.im/gapps
    Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Source Repos::
    * vendor
    * kernel
    * device: tabpro-common
    * device: mondrianlte

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 for MondrianLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-06-23
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Manually releasing builds is enough of a pain that I broke down and cobbled together some equipment from my basement and built a very second (third? fourth?) rate build server to build nightly releases for you.

There may be some bumps in the next few days that I have to iron out and at some point the build server may go up in flames but, until then, I won't be posting new builds with specific hand crafted (and incomplete and wrong) changelogs.

Instead, you should be able to update as frequently as you want and all upstream CM changes should be included each night along with any device specific changes. Here's the information I posted in the second post to explain the nightlies:

Nightlies:

Download:

SM-T325 (mondrianlte) nightlies folder

Known Issues:

* most of the bugs on JIRA for mondrianwifi.

Changelogs:

* Main CM changes (ignore device_samsung_mondrianwifi): cmxlog for mondrianwifi
    * Tabpro common device changes
    * Tabpro common vendor blob changes
    * Mondrianlte specific device changes

The changelog contains all changes made to that branch. Each nightly will be tagged and looks like:

7cd5c0b (HEAD, tag: nightly-20140808, m/cm-11.0, github/cm-11.0) mondrianwifi: init: Configure minimum GPU speed

The tag(s) that say "nightly-xxxxxxx" indicate that all changes from this commit down are in that nightly. Therefore, you can see what has changed since a specific version by looking for all entries between your current night's tag and the one that you are going to download and install.
    New build: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/mondrianlte/cm-11-20140724-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianlte.zip

* Latest CM source synced, as always.
    * Major kernel updates (CAF based commits, Cyanogen work)
    ** May include 24-bit audio support (untested)
    * Fix for "green video playback"
    New build: http://d-h.st/QwF

* Hopefully everyone should have working bluetooth now
    * Upstream changes from CM

Big thanks to @Fankserver for sending me logs (even though he doesn't even use bluetooth!) and to @acatal for PM'ing to try to work out how to send me logs. That made it possible to hopefully fix bluetooth.

Also, if you don't have enough posts to post to a dev thread, please just go to the off-topic section and find some threads to "contribute" to:

http://xdaforums.com/general/off-topic

If you previously posted the BT was not working, can you confirm whether or not it is fixed by this build?
    New build: 2014-06-26

* audio improvements
    * kernel changes from samsung's sm-t320 updates
    * general cm upstream changes