Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] SIM Unlock M919 4.4.2 -- Without Tripping KNOX

Tip us?

ikkon
Old
(Last edited by ikkon; 12th July 2014 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by easypeasyjkhardaf View Post
Hey thanks for the information! But i was wondering, I'm doing everything like you said, I end up with baseband MDL but when i do the unlock code thing, after it reboots, it still asks for a sim unlock code. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to start with a T-Mobile Sim card or can I do it with any sim card in there?
same here..I did the service menu unlock, regionlock away and the phone is still asking for a unlock code. To make it everything worse, when I put a metro pcs sim, the phone asks for an unlock code! ahahaha

Edit: Now unlock!!!

Flash Metro S4 with a Tmobile rom, the unlock wont work with a stock metro for some reason
Flash MDL modem
Run regionlock away (don't use the dialer unlock method or you will have a "not registed to a network" problem
Profit
Flash NB4 modem
Google Nexus 4--------------------------------------------HTC Inspire 4g
Rom: Mahdi-Rom------------------------------------------Rom: CM 11S OnePlus Edition
Kernel: franco.kernel-------------------------------------Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to ikkon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KönigLui
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by easypeasyjkhardaf View Post
Hey thanks for the information! But i was wondering, I'm doing everything like you said, I end up with baseband MDL but when i do the unlock code thing, after it reboots, it still asks for a sim unlock code. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to start with a T-Mobile Sim card or can I do it with any sim card in there?
I've got the exact same problem. And although I don't think it matters which sim card you use, could somebody answer this question?

DMPinBC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default This procedure worked for me

First. Many, many thanks to the OP "jose456891" for his guidelines. And thanks to "ikkon" too for his observations.

OK... The procedure shown in the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283068 did not work for me. Using hints from user "ikkon", I was able to unlock my phone.

So, I did the following (three @@@ at beginning of line to show my steps);
(Remember to observe the preamble information in the OP's message before his instructions)
  1. Backup your phone, use your preferred method
  2. Upgrade / Restore / Confirm that you have Stock ROM M919UVUFNB4 (4.4.2)
  3. Reset to factory settings
  4. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip to Desktop
  5. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.tar and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.tar with 7zip in their respective folders.
    You should end up with a sub directory file called M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar inside that folder should be a bunch of files. Same thing for M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB
  6. Put your M919 device into Download mode
  7. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
  8. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
  9. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
  10. @@@ Switched on WiFi and downloaded and installed and ran TowerRoot and RegionLockAway.
  11. @@@ Powered off phone, inserted non T-mobile SIM. Powered on phone. Hurray! No prompt for unlock code.
  12. @@@ Procede with remainder or OP's procedure.
  13. Put phone in "Download" mode again
  14. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
  15. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
  16. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
  17. Enjoy!!!

maxshah912
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMPinBC View Post
First. Many, many thanks to the OP "jose456891" for his guidelines. And thanks to "ikkon" too for his observations.

OK... The procedure shown in the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283068 did not work for me. Using hints from user "ikkon", I was able to unlock my phone.

So, I did the following (three @@@ at beginning of line to show my steps);
(Remember to observe the preamble information in the OP's message before his instructions)
  1. Backup your phone, use your preferred method
  2. Upgrade / Restore / Confirm that you have Stock ROM M919UVUFNB4 (4.4.2)
  3. Reset to factory settings
  4. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip to Desktop
  5. Extract M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.tar and M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.tar with 7zip in their respective folders.
    You should end up with a sub directory file called M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar inside that folder should be a bunch of files. Same thing for M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB
  6. Put your M919 device into Download mode
  7. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
  8. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
  9. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
  10. @@@ Switched on WiFi and downloaded and installed and ran TowerRoot and RegionLockAway.
  11. @@@ Powered off phone, inserted non T-mobile SIM. Powered on phone. Hurray! No prompt for unlock code.
  12. @@@ Procede with remainder or OP's procedure.
  13. Put phone in "Download" mode again
  14. Open Odin and Make sure you have these boxes checked: "AUTOREBOOT" F. and RESET TIME"
  15. Select "PHONE" and browse to the M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_TMB folder in your desktop, open the "M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar" folder, select modem.bin
  16. Select "Start" and wait until it finishes flashing and restarts to the home screen
  17. Enjoy!!!
here is problem
After flashing old modem wifi won't work
So you need to Root before flashing modem
Then use RegionLockAway and it works perfectly fine
then go back to stock 4.4.2
Current Device = Samsung Galaxy S5 {T-Mobile}
= Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 [ AT&T]
Current Rom = Shohat ROM V5 loving my 7+ hr screen time and 2 days of usage!
Need Help Question or Comment Feel Free to PM