Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,320 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84P] SlimSaber - i777 [SlimKat UNOFFICIAL]

Tip us?
 
goodjuju
Old
(Last edited by goodjuju; 21st July 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
#111  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Capitol DC
Thanks Rogersb11 and Cyril.

Mobile ODIN is saying no Super User permission. Super User is not working either. Perhaps I have lost root.

Downloaded the SlimSaber i777 4.4.2-20140605 and the Shift kernel today.
 
cyril279
Old
#112  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1035
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jun 2013
You're working with a fresh installation (which is good). Root access is disabled by default in Slim.

Enabling root access:
settings > developer options > root access

Choose your desired level of access ADB | Apps only | ADB only | Apps and ADB

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post
[...]
Did the following from CWM recovery-

1. Cooks ROM wipe
2. Install SlimSaber
3. Install Slim_full_Gapps.4.4.4.build.6-112
4. Installed Shift Kernel
5. Restored data [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post
[...]Mobile ODIN is saying no Super User permission. Super User is not working either. Perhaps I have lost root.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goodjuju
Old
#113  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Capitol DC
Cyril Thanks so very much for the patience. Really appreciate it.

Steps to follow -

1. Instal Mobile ODIN
2. Cooks ROM Wipe
3. Cooks Kernel Wipe - to clean Shift Shift kernel
4. Install Slim Saber
5. Install GApps
6. Restore data
 
cyril279
Old
(Last edited by cyril279; 22nd July 2014 at 12:34 AM.)
#114  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1035
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jun 2013
If the immediate goal is to get a working recovery, the process is simpler:
  1. - Install Mobile Odin (and the i777-flash-kernel)
  2. - Use mobile odin to Install a known good kernel
  3. - reboot to recovery to verify that the process completed as expected

Your original flash order was correct, it just sounds as though you flashed a bad version of RB11's kernel. So grab a more recent version of the shift kernel, and try the process again.

Quote:
Did the following from CWM recovery-

1. Cooks ROM wipe
2. Install SlimSaber
3. Install Slim_full_Gapps.4.4.4.build.6-112
4. Installed Shift Kernel
5. Restored data [...].
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post
Cyril Thanks so very much for the patience. Really appreciate it. [...]
I'm glad to be able to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cyril279
Old
#115  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1035
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jun 2013
<<< New Build Posted >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionjack View Post
Changes:
  • Sync with weekly 6.6
  • Android 4.4.4_r2
    I'm pretty sure this'll make you happy, although nothing is changed on our device...lol.
  • Some updates on frameworks/base and frameworks/av
  • Kernel: Compiled with latest SM 4.9.1
  • Kernel: Disable DEBUG_KERNEL
  • TWRP: Track backup and restore progress
  • TWRP: Implement "take a screenshot" feature
    I think the sdcard needs to be mounted. Tried before without mounting sdcard and screenshot is not saved.
  • See changelog for the rest of changes
omg! i forgot the important thing...changing the build id to KTU84Q
Tips for black background issue: Use 4.4.3 gapps
Note: Build number will still read KTU84P, because the build ID was not changed before the build.

===========-Package complete-===========
zip : /home/cyril/android/slimsaber/out/target/product/i777/SlimSaber-i777-4.4.4-20140722.zip
md5 : 4c8f2d9b48783212aab4f9879cd97f2d
size: 143M
========================================
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goodjuju
Old
#116  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Capitol DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279 View Post
If the immediate goal is to get a working recovery, the process is simpler:
  1. - Install Mobile Odin (and the i777-flash-kernel)
  2. - Use mobile odin to Install a known good kernel
  3. - reboot to recovery to verify that the process completed as expected

Your original flash order was correct, it just sounds as though you flashed a bad version of RB11's kernel. So grab a more recent version of the shift kernel, and try the process again.

I'm glad to be able to help.
I think I have bigger problem. Mobile ODIN will not read Zip. So I converted the latest Shift Slim Kernel to a tar.md.5 file. Mobile ODIN reports "Partition could not be found in file". Will try with Desktop ODIN will report result. The phone works fine otherwise except for the fact no Google Play 'cause the dummy me flashed the wrong GaPPs. :{
 
cyril279
Old
(Last edited by cyril279; 23rd July 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
#117  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1035
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jun 2013
I just tried it, and I cannot get mobile odin to read a .zip file either (I remember that it did, but perhaps I'm simply remembering incorrectly).

Either way, don't use desktop Odin to do this. Once you're at a desktop, extract the boot.img from SlimSaber, put it on your internal storage, and use mobile odin to flash it.

THEN reboot to recovery and start your process over again.


Edit: I've just uploaded the slimsaber boot.img so that it's more easily available.

You can use Mobile Odin to flash the boot.img directly from the download folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post
I think I have bigger problem. Mobile ODIN will not read Zip. So I converted the latest Shift Slim Kernel to a tar.md.5 file. Mobile ODIN reports "Partition could not be found in file". Will try with Desktop ODIN will report result. The phone works fine otherwise except for the fact no Google Play 'cause the dummy me flashed the wrong GaPPs. :{
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goodjuju
Old
#118  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Capitol DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279 View Post
I just tried it, and I cannot get mobile odin to read a .zip file either (I remember that it did, but perhaps I'm simply remembering incorrectly).

Either way, don't use desktop Odin to do this. Once you're at a desktop, extract the boot.img from SlimSaber, put it on your internal storage, and use mobile odin to flash it.

THEN reboot to recovery and start your process over again.


Edit: I've just uploaded the slimsaber boot.img so that it's more easily available.

You can use Mobile Odin to flash the boot.img directly from the download folder.
You are a Genius my friend!

The phone is back to normal now. I have gone back to the AoCP 4.4.2 for now. I will try the Slim Saber once I am over this episode!

Thanks again!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodjuju For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes