Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,523 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 wireless charging issue

Tip us?

demitri834
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Galaxy S5 wireless charging issue

Hey all,
I got the galaxy s5 about a month ago and went online and picked up a generic wireless receiver and charging pad. Every time I put the phone on to charge I would get a charge and then disconnect and it would keep doing that. Well I thought ill just get the official Samsung galaxy s5 wireless cover and went online found some good reviews of a tiled qi wireless charging pad. I got it all today and same thing. Move it around and still unable to get it to work. Tired multiple usb cords and still nothing. Only thing left to try is to get the Samsung charging pad. Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

timeToy
Old
Thanks Meter 183
I had issues with low cost eBay Chinese charger pad, just the same symptoms as you describe. No issues with the Nokia or Samsung Charging pads though.
Currently rocking the Samsung OEM Charging back with the Nokia FatBoy Charging pad without any issues.

demitri834
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default It worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeToy View Post
I had issues with low cost eBay Chinese charger pad, just the same symptoms as you describe. No issues with the Nokia or Samsung Charging pads though.
Currently rocking the Samsung OEM Charging back with the Nokia FatBoy Charging pad without any issues.
Thanks that did it. Went and got a Nokia charging pad at Verizon and works like a charm. I'm never lucky enough to get the cheap ones to work!
The Following User Says Thank You to demitri834 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hobzik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fix for low cost chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeToy View Post
Found another solution for low cost chargers
- remove the top cover and put your phone directly on the transmitter coil ->> the problem was resolved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Qi_Transmitter.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	2850939  

demo4o1
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
i too am having a charging issue at 35% wtf gives really