Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Restore Bootloader Bricked S3 to Stock Firmware AFTER 4.3 update. No Jtag

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5148

DONATE TO ME
Do you mean you cannot boot without the sd? But you can with it? And just so you know, flashing firmware will always write stock recovery to your device. Are you removing the sdcard before you flash?
Can you just flash twrp and then boot into that?
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

troolplay1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Do you mean you cannot boot without the sd? But you can with it? And just so you know, flashing firmware will always write stock recovery to your device. Are you removing the sdcard before you flash?
Can you just flash twrp and then boot into that?
yes i can flash anything, i can flash any twrp or cwm and boot into them, with unbrick sd in the phone or else nothing changes. plus when i flash different firmware it's like its not effecting the room, i boot in the rom and everything is the same no setup and dev mode still on.

and yes i remove sd before i flash firmware. please help and thanks for response

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5148

DONATE TO ME
Ok, I'm having trouble understanding exactly what is happening here. You can flash anything via Odin, but cannot boot into it afterwards unless the sd is in? And then it won't boot what you just flashed, only stock?
Or is custom recovery getting replaced with stock when you boot?
What does Odin say in the message box after flashing? What debrick.img are you using and what firmware are you trying to flash?
You said before you flash the JC firmware, but is it LJC or MJC?

What happens if you boot into TWRP and flash a rom from there?
Sorry if I'm just reading wrong, but I'm just confused as to what you are doing and the results after.

If you can boot to download mode with the debrick sdcard, you should then be able to take it out, flash stock firmware via Odin, then reboot normally. Or flash TWRP with Odin, then reboot recovery. You should no longer need the debrick sdcard at this point.
If that doesn't work for some reason, ill need to know how it bricked. What exactly did you flash? And when you do try to boot without the sd, does anything happen?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

troolplay1
Old
(Last edited by troolplay1; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Ok, I'm having trouble understanding exactly what is happening here. You can flash anything via Odin, but cannot boot into it afterwards unless the sd is in? And then it won't boot what you just flashed, only stock?
Or is custom recovery getting replaced with stock when you boot?
What does Odin say in the message box after flashing? What debrick.img are you using and what firmware are you trying to flash?
You said before you flash the JC firmware, but is it LJC or MJC?

What happens if you boot into TWRP and flash a rom from there?
Sorry if I'm just reading wrong, but I'm just confused as to what you are doing and the results after.

If you can boot to download mode with the debrick sdcard, you should then be able to take it out, flash stock firmware via Odin, then reboot normally. Or flash TWRP with Odin, then reboot recovery. You should no longer need the debrick sdcard at this point.
If that doesn't work for some reason, ill need to know how it bricked. What exactly did you flash? And when you do try to boot without the sd, does anything happen?

am using debirck img in this thread noted NOT FOR 4.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367

i had 4.1.1, finished my work, tried upgrading to 4.3 (honestly not sure where is that file or what is it named) then it bricked

yes i am able to flash anything, i get in download mode and flash stock (tried both ones you noted)
odin finish progress. phone shuts off and odin says RESET in blue. if phone doesn't have sd, still wont boot. and yes of course i take out the SD before i flash.
excuse my english btw

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5148

DONATE TO ME
If you can find what you flashed when it bricked it'll be a big help. I'm guessing it was probably something not meant for this device and ended up flashing over sbl1 or one of the modemst partitions. But it's just a guess unless we can take a look at what you had flashed.