Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to update SGH-I747 to UCUFNE4_4.4.2

Tip us?

XRange
Old
Thanks Meter 149

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillonio View Post
[CODENeed a device with a custom recovery.
usb debugging turned on.
adb and a rooted device.
proper drivers for phone installed on your pc
Knowledge of flashing and using odin.][/CODE]
I have 411 stock, no root. Can i start from step one or i have to do something else before i start ?
tnx
If ur stock no root. U should be able to pull Ota without having to do this here. But it's been long time since I was on 4.11.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using LikeWise Lt S5 & @tm Ne4 build.

Andresakapaco04
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help stuck

Hey thanks for the post but i have a problem when i try to load the tar file on odin it just stops working and doesnt respond and odin just crashes please help .... I tried for hours but when i try to load da tar file in the pda it just crashes help pleaseed กกกกกกก

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5152

DONATE TO ME
If kies is installed on your computer, uninstall it. It tends to interfere with Odin.

arrosen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Soft Bricked after OTA update

I was on a non-rooted 4.3. I ran the OTA update and my phone is stuck at the AT&T logo (after the Samsung logo and the AT&T sound byte).

I flashed TWRP, but my bootloader is the 4.4.2 bootloader (FNE4).

Can I just reflash the stock ROM in the OP? I don't necessarily want root or TWRP, I just want my phone to work.

Or, should I just bring it back to AT&T and tell them that their OTA failed?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5152

DONATE TO ME
If twrp is installed, AT&T will probably just blame the failure on that. If it were me, I'd try flashing the stock NE4 rom from enewman17 in the development section. But its up to you what you want to try. Theres just no guarantee it'll get you any further than you are now. I do think it has a good shot though.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5152

DONATE TO ME
Hey everyone!
Need to ask a favor from those of you who are stock rooted (or are about to be) by using Towelroot. (Or are stock, rooted and have flashed back to the stock recovery)

After rooting, but before flashing a custom recovery (or after flashing back to stock recovery), please consider making a debrick.img for us to try to fix hard bricks with.
I have just posted a script that takes most of the work out of doing this. Instructions are posted here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54220846

We need both 4.3 and 4.4.2 images from all I747 variants. If they work, you could be saving yourself and many others from a hard brick in the future!
Thanks guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pdl2mtl90
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Was previously on 4.3 stock TW but rooted. Flashed the update file with TWRP and it worked perfect. Updated my phone to 4.4.2 and kept root. Thanks for the file!
The Following User Says Thank You to pdl2mtl90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

santij07
Old
(Last edited by santij07; 21st July 2014 at 03:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25

santij07
Old
(Last edited by santij07; Yesterday at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Hi again DocHoliday77 I need to know how I can pull al nesesary files like aboot.mbn and the rest of .mbn, system..img.ext4, cache and modem from my att i747 to do a flashable tar.md5 for odin, I try with EFSProfessional but files dont work if you can help with a link for that to try other method more acuracy, other tool to make it, I have cygwin to do the md5, thanks.