Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Problem

Tip us?

mohammadrafei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Battery Problem

Hi
I bought this phone 2 week ago. already when my phone was in sleep with airplane mod , the percent of my battery was instant about 10 hours. but now when my phone is sleep with airplane mod and i dont use it , the percent of battery is decrease about 10 percent in 10 hours. i do factor reset. but the problem was not solved. i guess when i update the phone in update center, this problem was appeared. now the version of my phone is :
android version : 4.4.2
software version: V10c-AME-XX

how i can solve this problem? and how i can to return to my first version software and cancel my update?

plageran
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Try getting your previous rom and flashing that, it might just work

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app

DEV Device: MB511 (deodexed)
Current System: MT27i
Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 by freack
Long Live: V9 Ferrari Rom
code.google.com/p/motorola-flipout-files
https://github.com/plageran/ruth

(never forget to say Thank You to the ones that help)

silent_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I don't think Your issue is software-related. I've got my Mini for over a month now, and I was dissapointed about battery life on it's first days. Now I think battery shaped its own and there's no problem with battery at all - it lasts two days with moderate data usage.

battle_cheesecake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_hunter View Post
I don't think Your issue is software-related. I've got my Mini for over a month now, and I was dissapointed about battery life on it's first days. Now I think battery shaped its own and there's no problem with battery at all - it lasts two days with moderate data usage.

How long did it take for the problem to solve itself?

I got my phone about a week ago and I was suprised that it was able to last almost 3 days before charging.
Currently battery life is just terrible (less than 24 hours while phone is practically idle, with low brighntness, disabled gps, wifi and data connection) which is quite strange because since then I have rooted my phone and got rid of bloatware.
I have read somewhere that you shouldn't allow li-ion batteries to discharge fully, unfortunately I did that unintentionally,
Is it possible that a single full depletion managed to damage the battery? Or is it possible that I deleted some crucial app?

rpul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Phone's electronics and software will protect the battery, so no worry about discharging.

Did you install any messaging app (WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Tango, Facebook or similar)?
These are draining battery a lot.

battle_cheesecake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No. I don't use those. I even greenified dropbox, pocket and some other apps,
I installed Busybox (I don't know if this is even relevant, honestly I have no idea what am I doing,
I just follow guides to achieve functionality I want )

Zaaap72
Old
(Last edited by Zaaap72; 23rd July 2014 at 05:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
You may use BetterBatteryStats to find out what sucks your battery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=15869868

Or you revert to stock and stop messing around as you had good battery life before as you wrote.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54325341

Zaaap