Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/Recovery][Wifi+3G+TMobile][4.4.4/2.7.1.0][July 17]Omni Based Rom and TWRP

Tip us?
 
AAccount
Old
#121  
AAccount's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 772
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada's MEANEST city: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bens1 View Post
Hi everyone, I try to install it yesterday but i have a problem with the internal storage...

I don't know why but there is no internal storage found in the Omni based. I try to install the nameless rom and it work well (it is just slowly that omni), i only have the problem with omni rom...

Did you have any idea of possibles solutions ?

My tablet was orginialy a galaxy tab google IO edition i think it is 10.1v but i install p4wifi

if you want more information I am open to suggestions

I'm just looking for a stable rom for galaxy tab and i want a rom that is greater than ICS.... Because I have install the ICS AOKP and i don't like it
No internal storage? So the Settings-->Storage says 0/0GB used? Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of right now is a data wipe. However, in my experience, I've dirty upgraded many times (4.3-->4.4, 4.2-->4.3 etc) and have never had any issues. It's only downgrading you can't do without a wipe because of the database version.
Sony Tablet Z:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S3 I9300: Omni4.4.4; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4; MY A1 Kernel V1.9; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S I9000M:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0

"It's the assumptions that kill you." --Me
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends." --Me
 
AAccount
Old
#122  
AAccount's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 772
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada's MEANEST city: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Based on the r.img I got from a TMobile user it doesn't appear as if the TMobile partition is smaller. This means the recovery is not booting because either: it doesn't like wifi only kernel I use, or something is wrong with twrp. I use the wifi only kernel in 3G and wifi builds because 3G users will never need 3G in recovery. Even us wifi only users can't get wifi in twrp I created a new twrp 2.7 for TMobile but this time with a TMobile kernel that has been stripped down.

You can try and flash by: dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2. I assume anyone who wants to try an experimental recovery already knows how to use adb push.
Attached Files
File Type: img recovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.78 MB, 0 views)
Sony Tablet Z:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S3 I9300: Omni4.4.4; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4; MY A1 Kernel V1.9; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S I9000M:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0

"It's the assumptions that kill you." --Me
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends." --Me
 
twa_priv
Old
#123  
twa_priv's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4514
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount View Post
Based on the r.img I got from a TMobile user it doesn't appear as if the TMobile partition is smaller. This means the recovery is not booting because either: it doesn't like wifi only kernel I use, or something is wrong with twrp. I use the wifi only kernel in 3G and wifi builds because 3G users will never need 3G in recovery. Even us wifi only users can't get wifi in twrp I created a new twrp 2.7 for TMobile but this time with a TMobile kernel that has been stripped down.

You can try and flash by: dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2. I assume anyone who wants to try an experimental recovery already knows how to use adb push.
Hey AAccount,

Not sure what you did to decrease the kernel size - but if you compress the kernel using XZ then you'll save about another 130/140K:
https://github.com/loosethisskin/and...4/commits/twrp
 
AAccount
Old
#124  
AAccount's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 772
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada's MEANEST city: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv View Post
Hey AAccount,

Not sure what you did to decrease the kernel size - but if you compress the kernel using XZ then you'll save about another 130/140K:
https://github.com/loosethisskin/and...4/commits/twrp
For the recovery kernel at least, on top of removing what I already did, I further removed ipv6 and net filter. Figured neither one of those is useable in recovery.
Sony Tablet Z:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S3 I9300: Omni4.4.4; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4; MY A1 Kernel V1.9; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S I9000M:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0

"It's the assumptions that kill you." --Me
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends." --Me
 
fusionjack
Old
#125  
fusionjack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13681
Posts: 2,886
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount View Post
For the recovery kernel at least, on top of removing what I already did, I further removed ipv6 and net filter. Figured neither one of those is useable in recovery.
did you try -Os for kernel and rom lib files? i didn't strip anything down the kernel and the img is still around 5 mb.
SlimKat SaberMod 4.8 Unofficial builds | i9100 | n7000
AOKP SaberMod 4.9 Unofficial builds | p4
 
uncle_bens1
Old
#126  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount View Post
No internal storage? So the Settings-->Storage says 0/0GB used?
No and that is the strange part... The system show me an internal storage of 32GB but when I try to explore the storage with the file explorer app, it crash... same thing with the "documents" app. And when I plug the tablet with my computer, I couldn't access to the storage partition. It's really strange...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes