Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Torn between two watches.

Tip us?

cylent
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Service Torn between two watches.

I am trying to decided between two smart watches.

first we have the "E-Ceros Smart Nano Waterproof 3G Smartwatch - MTK6577 Dual Core 1GHz CPU, 1.54 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, IP57"

then we have the "ZGPAX S5 Android 4.0 Smart Phone Watch - 1.54 Inch Touch Screen Display, Camera, Dual Core CPU (Black)"

Things I have about both:

the first one, has the back button on the left side as well as the power button. big annoyance.
the second one being the zpax. i hate the camera placement. its too obvious especially when entering government agencies.

in addition theres also this one which is somewhat oversized for a wrist wtch but seems to be a powerhouse. even the batter is 900maH. Android Phone Wrist Watch "Rock" - Quad Band, 2 Inch Capacitive Screen, 2MP Camera (White)

Pls recommend.

simple1i
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylent View Post

first we have the "E-Ceros Smart Nano Waterproof 3G Smartwatch - MTK6577 Dual Core 1GHz CPU, 1.54 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, IP57"

then we have the "ZGPAX S5 Android 4.0 Smart Phone Watch - 1.54 Inch Touch Screen Display, Camera, Dual Core CPU (Black)"

the first one, has the back button on the left side as well as the power button. big annoyance.
the second one being the zpax. i hate the camera placement. its too obvious especially when entering government agencies.

in addition theres also this one which is somewhat oversized for a wrist wtch but seems to be a powerhouse. even the batter is 900maH. Android Phone Wrist Watch "Rock" - Quad Band, 2 Inch Capacitive Screen, 2MP Camera (White)

Pls recommend.
This is not a recommendation...

Correct me if i'm wrong, i read somewhere that the ZGPAX had Mic issues?

geekwatch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylent View Post

Pls recommend.
If you want the best Android smartwatch - Check the A.I Watch I already pre order it and impatient to wear it on my wrist

aussie001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up About the E-Ceros Nano

This smart watch is amazing, with regard to it's ability to make phone calls form seemingly anywhere.

The SIM came for my watch today, and I have been able to make calls from where I work, a large brick building. And also at home, a double brick building also.

The call quality to the receiver, is, as though froma full size phone.

The caller audio through the phone's speaker is quite loud and crystal clear.

But the annoying thing is, the keyboard characters are SO small, even using a magnifying glass and a small rubber tipped stylus,I have been totally unable to register the device on Play Store. It is impossible to get any letter right.

If anyone else with the watch has a solution, I will be very grateful.

My intention was to register it, then download "Speaktoit" Assistand to work around keying in emails, texts, searching, etc.

I think this will be a problem for all 3G smartwtaches, not linked to a Master phone via Bluetooth.

Also, in my opinion, a phone larger than 1.54 inches would be impossible to wear. This one causes shirt sleeve problems & it is probably one of the smallest.