Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Would it be possible to Jailbreak a Lumia if you can deploy unlimited xap's ?

OP sisqo88

29th May 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

7 posts
My question is if it is be possible to Jailbreak a Lumia if you can Deploy unlimited xap files to your phone.
I ask it because you can deploy unlimited xap files to your phone.

All you need is the latest WP 8.1 update and a phone with a sd card slot.
First you can Developer Unlock your Lumia phone to be able to deploy 10 xap files.
Deploy 10 apps to your phone. After that you can move your 10 sideloaded apps to the sd card with the storage check app.
After that remove your SD card from your phone and deploy other 10 apps to your phone.
Now you can insert your SD card and move the new installed 10 apps to the SD card.
After that you can reply this process again.
With this method it should be possible to deploy unlimited xap's to your phone.

Hope this will help the devs to Jailbreak a Lumia like the 1520.
The Following User Says Thank You to sisqo88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Can deploy max 20 apps (10 on sd and 10 on phone)
then when i try to move phone apps to sd i got an error .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8g51vr.png
Views:	220
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	2770072  
Last edited by hnod; 30th May 2014 at 12:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,870 posts
More
Sadly, no. The change we need to make for interop-unlock is tied to how many apps you can sideload, but it's not actually in any way related to sideloading apps. A way to bypass the restriction is potentially useful in general, but doesn't help in finding unlocks.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 95

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
But what will happen if we deployed over 300 apps ?
23rd July 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,870 posts
More
... nothing special? My phone is interop-unlocked, but it's probably only got ~30 sideloaded apps on it right now.

You have cause and effect completely reversed. A fixed-wing powered craft capable of generating more lift than its own weight is an airplane even if it's sitting on the ground. A car that flies off of a cliff does not become an airplane just because it's (temporarily, due to extraordinary circumstances) flying. Just as it is the *capability* for powered and controlled flight that makes an airplane an airplane, it is the OS-level support for installing over 300 apps that makes a phone interop-unlocked.

I could sideload another thousand apps on my phone (well, if they weren't too big) and then modify the MaxUnsignedApp registry value back to 10... and my phone would have ~1030 unsigned apps installed but it would *NOT* be interop-unlocked.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. There has been at least one other discussion of this idea already. I'm not even going to bother berating people for not searching before posting; instead I'm going to berate you for being obtuse. What part of
Quote:

The change we need to make for interop-unlock is tied to how many apps you can sideload, but it's not actually in any way related to sideloading apps.

is hard to understand?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread