Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Storage Issue? (Solved)

OP Mr.Wanted

24th January 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Everything is stored in the internal storage. So I hav only 500mb left. I cant move my apps to SD card. It says "the device does not have a real primary external storage" I have tried apps2sd and rom toolbox. My phone is rooted. Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390556276129.jpg
Views:	13062
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	2536052  
Last edited by Mr.Wanted; 25th January 2014 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Wanted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #2  
mysteryno46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 118
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Smile You need to Root for avail this feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wanted

Everything is stored in the internal storage. So I hav only 500mb left. I cant move my apps to SD card. It says "the device does not have a real primary external storage" I have tried apps2sd and rom toolbox. My phone is rooted. Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using xda app-developers app

If you want to avail this feature to move apps data to sd card you need to root the phone(Use kingo app for rooting) and install gl2sd app from playstore.
This app will copy the huge data of bigger games and few apps to sd card. That way you will be able to free up lots of space. You can then install many heavy data games on your phone and enjoy.

But yes you have to root the phone first. If you're afraid of warranty, then don't worry you can make the status back to official and get the warranty back. There a tool called triangle away to do that. So, if you want to have this feature then root. Go ahead and try if needed and enjoy. Cheers ! ! !

Let me know if any issues.
Last edited by mysteryno46; 24th January 2014 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteryno46 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryno46

If you want to avail this feature to move apps data to sd card you need to root the phone(Use kingo app for rooting) and install gl2sd app from playstore.
This app will copy the huge data of bigger games and few apps to sd card. That way you will be able to free up lots of space. You can then install many heavy data games on your phone and enjoy.

But yes you have to root the phone first. If you're afraid of warranty, then don't worry you can make the status back to official and get the warranty back. There a tool called triangle away to do that. So, if you want to have this feature then root. Go ahead and try if needed and enjoy. Cheers ! ! !

Let me know if any issues.

My phone is rooted already. Installed that app and trying it out.! Files are currently being moved. I will let u know if it worked in 5-10mins

EDIT : Thanks dude. worked like a charm
Last edited by Mr.Wanted; 25th January 2014 at 05:10 PM.
26th January 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
mysteryno46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 118
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Talking Don't forget to thank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wanted

My phone is rooted already. Installed that app and trying it out.! Files are currently being moved. I will let u know if it worked in 5-10mins

EDIT : Thanks dude. worked like a charm

I hope do you know what I mean. If I help hit the thanks button there below.

Let me know if any other help needed. Might reply a little late but surely will.
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryno46 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Out of Space : Unable to install some apps
Hi everyone!

Pardon me, I'm just new here, I signed up bcoz I'm losing hope now.

I'm having issue installing "some" apps on my phone. (some are installing)

Search and tried TS steps found online to no success.

TS steps done:
Restarted the phone
Clear Cache on the recovery mode
Clear cache on each application through setting>application manager
Clear cache using android assistant
Tried the MMI code *#9900# and deleted dumpstate/logcat
Deleted the "mysterious large file" .thumbdata
Checked and deleted some odex files
Checked and deleted files under android/data
Installed Lucky patcher (no troubleshooting option)
Unable to install logcat
Unable to search appslib or app-lib

Phone information:
Galaxy grand quattro
Not rooted, stock ROM
phone memory : 1.74GB/ 5GB
SD card 1.5GB/ 32GB
Running process (under applct'n manager): 662MB used, 219MB free
RAM status : 568MB/845MB

I can just reset my phone to factory default but that's just avoiding the problem, I would like to resolve the root cause of the problem. (without rooting the phone)
I believe that we can resolved this issue.
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Emjayq4; 22nd July 2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Additional info
23rd July 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Wink Root You Device First
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjayq4

Hi everyone!

Pardon me, I'm just new here, I signed up bcoz I'm losing hope now.

I'm having issue installing "some" apps on my phone. (some are installing)

Search and tried TS steps found online to no success.

TS steps done:
Restarted the phone
Clear Cache on the recovery mode
Clear cache on each application through setting>application manager
Clear cache using android assistant
Tried the MMI code *#9900# and deleted dumpstate/logcat
Deleted the "mysterious large file" .thumbdata
Checked and deleted some odex files
Checked and deleted files under android/data
Installed Lucky patcher (no troubleshooting option)
Unable to install logcat
Unable to search appslib or app-lib

Phone information:
Galaxy grand quattro
Not rooted, stock ROM
phone memory : 1.74GB/ 5GB
SD card 1.5GB/ 32GB
Running process (under applct'n manager): 662MB used, 219MB free
RAM status : 568MB/845MB

I can just reset my phone to factory default but that's just avoiding the problem, I would like to resolve the root cause of the problem. (without rooting the phone)
I believe that we can resolved this issue.
Thank you in advance.


First of all make your phone rooted (then only you can delete modify files) use odin to flah CWM recovery and install superSU with CWM, some apk need root access ( like lucky patcher, root explorer) then use root explorer and go to sdcard/andriod /data and delete only the files which are not working and then try to install them it will work.

Here is the link to rooting :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4471&nocache=1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes