19th May 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #41  
Flag Shoreview, MN
Thanks Meter: 4

55 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOuser94

You're right I believe. A backup made on philz recovery Will not restore on Twrp,they are using different methods of making the backup so they will not restore back correctly using the opposite recovery

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks that is what i thought just needed confirmation. what about different versions #s of a recovery like twrp 2.7.0.0 and twrp 2.5.0.0 (just an example) or whichever versions being used? can u restore from one to the other if that were the case? thanks
19th May 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #42  
Flag Bloomsdale
Thanks Meter: 364

702 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original T

Thanks that is what i thought just needed confirmation. what about different versions #s of a recovery like twrp 2.7.0.0 and twrp 2.5.0.0 (just an example) or whichever versions being used? can u restore from one to the other if that were the case? thanks

I wouldn't try it, because what 2.7.0.7 has 2.7.0.0 might not sometimes it can be crucial updates that change compression, or partitioning. Safest to use whatever you used to backup to restore. Sometimes it will work but you will have to test at your own risk.

19th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #43  
Flag Shoreview, MN
Thanks Meter: 4

55 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOuser94

I wouldn't try it, because what 2.7.0.7 has 2.7.0.0 might not sometimes it can be crucial updates that change compression, or partitioning. Safest to use whatever you used to backup to restore. Sometimes it will work but you will have to test at your own risk.

yeah i wasnt thinkin it was something that couild be done really. just wasnt sure about it so figured id ask so i knew for sure. but thanks
23rd July 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #44  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
More
I've had some problems installing the zip. At first it would not install saying a custom folder needed to be created. I just tried again to install V2 and I got the Welcome screen, press Next to continue. Touching the next on the bottom right does nothing.

I have PhilZ Touch 5.26.6 CWM v6.0.4.8 recovery installed which says No CWM /aroma fm/aroma fm.zip in storage paths.
23rd July 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #45  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
More
Pressing the power button helped to navigate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread