Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash different firmware for MetroPCS LG L70 MS323

Tip us?

kss1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Flash different firmware for MetroPCS LG L70 MS323

Hi

I bought MetroPCS LG L70 MS323 unlocked. I am from india and i realised now that this doesnot support 2100hz UMTS frequency which is the one in india for 3G.

Please help whether i can flash different international firmware to make it work on 2100hz band

Thanks & regards

yogeshsr
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Bands are your hardware so you can't,download the lg firmware update tool to see if your firmware updates.

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app
Devise: Inspire 4G on T-Mobile - USA
DailyDriver:ClearDroid by ClearD
ROMs I LIKE: SVHD by mygamers Strike X by tweakos, ViperDHD by Team Venom,SABSA PRIME V12 by alirez_sos,AOSPX by existz

kss1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshsr View Post
Bands are your hardware so you can't,download the lg firmware update tool to see if your firmware updates.

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi i read that the phones are made for all markets. So the manufacturer would have just disabled this band for metro pcs
so i was thinking whether by flashing different firmware we can activate this band

AndyIce
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kss1 View Post
Hi

I bought MetroPCS LG L70 MS323 unlocked. I am from india and i realised now that this doesnot support 2100hz UMTS frequency which is the one in india for 3G.

Please help whether i can flash different international firmware to make it work on 2100hz band

Thanks & regards
I believe it has the 2100hz band. To check all the available bands on the phone do the following:
1. On the dialer, key in 3845#*323# to bring up the hidden menu.
2. Then select the following menus: WCDMA-Only > Modem Settings > Network Mode
3. You should see WCDMA 2100. From googling my understanding is UMTS is built on top of WCDMA. So technically you're good.

Now why 3G may not work in India - One possibility is you may not have the APN settings configured for the local operator.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Since the title of this thread refers to flashing firmware, I've a question: Can one flash the international (D320) firmware i.e. kdz file without any modification on the MS323 phone? Yes I'm aware about the boot loader being locked. But the goal here is to flash LG's own kdz as is - perhaps by tricking the LG Mobile Support Tool. There is a thread that talks in general about flashing any kdz. But it appears to be leveraging the older version of LG tool. Curious, if any one has tried using the newer version or has alternatives ideas if this can be done.

kss1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default can we unlock the bootloader

hi thank u for the reply. itried the way u told. there is wcdma2100 available. but when i select this it says fail.
but for wcdma1900 it says pass.
i think since metro pcs doesnot operate on 2100hz this may be disabled in s/w.
tthat is reason i was asking bout flashing diff firmware

can we unlock the bootloader ??

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyIce View Post
I believe it has the 2100hz band. To check all the available bands on the phone do the following:
1. On the dialer, key in 3845#*323# to bring up the hidden menu.
2. Then select the following menus: WCDMA-Only > Modem Settings > Network Mode
3. You should see WCDMA 2100. From googling my understanding is UMTS is built on top of WCDMA. So technically you're good.

Now why 3G may not work in India - One possibility is you may not have the APN settings configured for the local operator.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Since the title of this thread refers to flashing firmware, I've a question: Can one flash the international (D320) firmware i.e. kdz file without any modification on the MS323 phone? Yes I'm aware about the boot loader being locked. But the goal here is to flash LG's own kdz as is - perhaps by tricking the LG Mobile Support Tool. There is a thread that talks in general about flashing any kdz. But it appears to be leveraging the older version of LG tool. Curious, if any one has tried using the newer version or has alternatives ideas if this can be done.

jpwall-cell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i am also stuck at 2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss1 View Post
hi thank u for the reply. itried the way u told. there is wcdma2100 available. but when i select this it says fail.
but for wcdma1900 it says pass.
i think since metro pcs doesnot operate on 2100hz this may be disabled in s/w.
tthat is reason i was asking bout flashing diff firmware

can we unlock the bootloader ??

thanks
Please Help i have same problem.
Any one Have LG D320N Firmware then please post link..

gekanukr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello guys,does anyone know if i can flash a firmware from LG L70 D325? the reason si that i need a russian language on my phone.. Thanks

AndyIce
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwall-cell View Post
Please Help i have same problem.
Any one Have LG D320N Firmware then please post link..
Check out the Metro PCS LG 70 thread for the D320 firmware (FYI - It's not D320N but D320 may be of alternate interest). There is also another thread about flashing KDZ. If you're able to flash successfully, please do post your experience.

jpwall-cell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Lost the Hope and Sold MS323

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyIce View Post
Check out the Metro PCS LG 70 thread for the D320 firmware (FYI - It's not D320N but D320 may be of alternate interest). There is also another thread about flashing KDZ. If you're able to flash successfully, please do post your experience.
i have tried to flash d320 firmware but i was not able to complete because driver error.

After doing try and error i have finally sold the device.
But plan to buy if confirmed to be work on 3G.
Thanks for reply.