Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Javelin Browser - Adblock, KitKat Transparency, VPN, True Multi-tasking

Tip us?

drmxmyt
Old
Thanks Meter 69
hey guys. is there any option to disable the password protection. its really fraustrating to enter it every single time. i mailed the dev and he said there is an Option in the Options menu but couldnt find it.
-.-

billydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I have and HTC m8 and this browser crashes more than anything I have ever seen. Especially when trying to to handle pop ups. Does any one here go to icefilms? That site really puts pop up blockers to the test and javelin browser just freezes up when trying to handle them.

Moscha
Old
(Last edited by Moscha; 15th July 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Wow, much smoother than Firefox and Chrome on my Nexus 7 2012. Also the UI is good looking.

Bought Pro Version to support development!

Feature Wishes: ChromeCast Support for Videos (Embedding Web Video caster / vget) , Option to disable the Spirit Button on the left Menu for people who are not using it. I also like to default Homepage with search, but I think it would be faster if it's an embedded page on the local device (embedded into the browser) instead of loading it everything from the Web.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
● Motorola Defy (MB525 Green Lens) ● Nexus 7 2012 (Grouper) ● Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)

Moscha
Old
Thanks Meter 5
First bugs?: A lot of times I've been asked from Javelin with which app I want to open the URL of a website. (Javelin is already default browser). And some Crashes during surfing.

Using Stock Android 4.4.4 on my devices (Nexus 5 and 7 2012).

Gesendet von meinem Androiden mit Tapatalk
● Motorola Defy (MB525 Green Lens) ● Nexus 7 2012 (Grouper) ● Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)

mrbubba999
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Would it be possible to import chrome bookmarks into their folders? I have a lot of bookmarks all sorted into folders, once imported, it's impossible to find the bookmarks I want to use, as there's now just a huge list

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 5
Stock with xposed framework

odd1ne
Old
Thanks Meter 5
its not a huge problem but I have noticed when typing an address in there is a delay in when it actually goes on. So when typing www.xda-developers.com it takes about 20 seconds or so. It does this on both my note 2 and nexus 7 2012. Anyone else like this?