Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Op g pro mods and now working splitview

Tip us?
 
dpalmer76
Old
#201  
dpalmer76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 405
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
My suggestion would be to go back to the old version.Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q...it?usp=sharing

Extract and copy both files to /system/priv-app/
Set Permission to 644
Reboot.

I just tested the alarm on my phone and is working like it should! I am able to snoozed for 5min and then dismissed after. Both action work properly for me.


...Sorry for all the problem you have encounter so far! I wish I have the knowledge to mod some of the main files like the framework-res, systemui, setting and others..

Just wondering, Did you flash the modem from madmack?
No problem, you have been very helpful. No hard feelings [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
My suggestion would be to go back to the old version.Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q...it?usp=sharing

Extract and copy both files to /system/priv-app/
Set Permission to 644
Reboot.

I just tested the alarm on my phone and is working like it should! I am able to snoozed for 5min and then dismissed after. Both action work properly for me.


...Sorry for all the problem you have encounter so far! I wish I have the knowledge to mod some of the main files like the framework-res, systemui, setting and others..

Just wondering, Did you flash the modem from madmack?
This one did not work, can you send new files back to me

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
 
jwilliamf
Old
#202  
jwilliamf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 417
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer76 View Post
No problem, you have been very helpful. No hard feelings [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------


This one did not work, can you send new files back to me

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q...it?usp=sharing
From the Deaths!!!
 
asl9622
Old
#203  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer76 View Post
No problem, you have been very helpful. No hard feelings [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------


This one did not work, can you send new files back to me

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
Is it automatically snoozing or not working at all?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
dpalmer76
Old
#204  
dpalmer76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 405
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asl9622 View Post
Is it automatically snoozing or not working at all?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Automatically snoozing

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
 
asl9622
Old
#205  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer76 View Post
Automatically snoozing

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
That happened to me. It has to do with OK google everywhere interfering. I turned that function off and it immediately started working again. If you use a third party clock you can leave OK google on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to asl9622 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dpalmer76
Old
#206  
dpalmer76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 405
Join Date: Oct 2012
I use timely and it works great. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
 
Logic717
Old
#207  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 194
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
I am not having any issues with mine. How often you get the problem?

Did you turn off and then on on system/setting/display?
OK, so I uninstalled all led control apps, reset the led switch under display and reboot. Now the led seems to work with texts, emails and missed calls. It lights up at much slower intervals than I'm used to, but is comparable to stock. Something seems to be not jibing but that said, I have what I need. Thanks for this! I'm thrilled to have it working as close to a g3 as I'm gonna get for now 😀👍

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic717 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jwilliamf
Old
(Last edited by jwilliamf; Yesterday at 02:26 AM.)
#208  
jwilliamf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 417
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic717 View Post
OK, so I uninstalled all led control apps, reset the led switch under display and reboot. Now the led seems to work with texts, emails and missed calls. It lights up at much slower intervals than I'm used to, but is comparable to stock. Something seems to be not jibing but that said, I have what I need. Thanks for this! I'm thrilled to have it working as close to a g3 as I'm gonna get for now 😀👍

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
Could you please tell me which led control apps?


...Also,if you want the stock browser from the G3 Rom here it is:

LGBrownser.apk

Step:

1- Delete or rename Browser-JB.apk from /system/priv-app
2- Install the apk from link above like a normal apk install.

Done!

Here is the G3 LGNotebook.apk:
LGNotebook.apk

Step:
1- Delete or rename Notebook.apk from /system/app
2- Copy apk from above link on /system/app
3- Set Permission to 644
4. Reboot
Done!

Here is the G3 LGVideoEditor.apk
LGVideoEditor.apk

Step:
1- Delete or rename VideoEditor.apk from /system/priv-app
2- Copy apk from above link into /system/priv-app
3-Set Permission to 644
4. Reboot


Thanks
From the Deaths!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwilliamf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Logic717
Old
#209  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 194
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
Could you please tell me which led control apps?

Thanks
Light flow and light manager both from the play store and pro version of light flow.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic717 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
corelle
Old
#210  
corelle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 132
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Newark NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
What can i fo about the md5 mismatch i tried the delete then replace methode to no avail ...everytime i try to do a cm backup flash always get that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
Here is my recovery/backup

First of all, This is NOT a G3 Port. I say again, This is NOT a G3 Port. I am not a Dev, so there are a lot of stuff
I can't mod. If there are any devs outhere that want to help us out, please do so. Other than that, I think this is
as close as I can get it to G3. (Not modded are, framework, systemui, settings) those need somebody smarter than me. lol


Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.


Sources:

LG Home Theme from AyDee Go to Thread
Thanks to AyDee (Please, Donate to AyDee) Donate

SplitWindow from GrAndAG Go to Thread
Thanks to GrAndAG (Please Donate to GrAndAG) Donate

Lots of stuff from CloudyG3 Go to Thread
CloudyG3 Thanks to Cloudyfa (Please Donate to Cloudyfa) Donate

Base Rom e988 from alexisv635
Thanks to alexisv635

Features:
  • Knock off
  • Answer me
  • Slide Aside
  • Dual window
  • Split view
  • Spring cleaning
  • Daydream


Installation Instructions:

Download G3Flavored.rar
This is a CWM backup and must be RESTORED in CWM.

1-download the zip file(G3 Flavored 988 Rom).
2-extract the backup folder from the zip.
3-you should end up with a folder labeled,-2014-07-17.19.57.54
4-with a file browser copy the folder labeled 2014-07-17.19.57.54 into the folder external/Clockworkmod/Backup folder.
5-boot into recovery.
6-wipe data/factory reset
7-select the -backup and Restore- option.
8-select restore from /storage/sdcard1.
9-select yes.
10-when restore is complete Reboot, give it sometime, Enjoy!

Extra steps:
After setting your phone, go into theme and change the theme to G3.

****For Systemui mod, use G2 TweakBox (already installed but will need to donate for full features)****

Download HERE: G3Flavored.rar

Tips:
For even better battery life install this:
http://downloads.codefi.re/madmack/G...M9615A-CWM.zip

If anybody have systemui, systemproviderui, setting, and easysetting modded that can work with this, please share!

Hit the Thank Button if I help you!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes