T-Mobile Kit Kat is here! Updated with link to latest version D80120G

Search This thread

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Anyone else noticing data issues when WiFi calling is enabled? When I'm out and on LTE or 4g, sometimes my data won't work at all when I clearly have a strong signal, then I've discovered that after disabling WiFi calling, it works fine... Even while WiFi is disabled. Wth.

Sent from my LG-D801

wwwwd83

Oct 11, 2010
Boston
See attached. The phone must be eligible because I received it OTA. So frustrating...

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1405177425272.jpg
    1405177425272.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 201

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
and it said there are no items to update. I downloaded the kdz file but im not sure how to flash it. I just rooted the phone two weeks ago with Towelroot after the fiasco i had last time. I was rooted and got an OTA update and tried to install it. It took 2.5 days to get my phone back to working again. Not sure what to do.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Not sure why, but if you have the white version it says your software is up to date...

I wonder if the build number or other software is different? I saw a similar problem with my M7s where seemingly identical phones (I bought both used from eBay) had different builds and one was eligible for an update and the other wasn't. It was a documented thing )on T-Mo support site) as I found out and I had to update the one I kept by flashing a backup someone ULed on XDA via TWRP.

I don't see anything on Google about white G2s, though.

See attached. The phone must be eligible because I received it OTA. So frustrating...

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

If you download the KDZ file, the alternate method I've linked in the OP should work. For some reason, the white G2s got the updates last when 20A first started being pushed, even on the LG servers. I had posted the 20A KDZ file a good 3 weeks before it was even pushed, so I'm guessing this time T-Mobile coordinated with LG to push the update the same time it showed up on LG's servers. Maybe they forgot to include the white G2s.

Anyone else noticing data issues when WiFi calling is enabled? When I'm out and on LTE or 4g, sometimes my data won't work at all when I clearly have a strong signal, then I've discovered that after disabling WiFi calling, it works fine... Even while WiFi is disabled. Wth.

Sent from my LG-D801
I noticed LTE or 4G data not working intermittently with 20A, but didn't realize WiFi Calling had something to do with it. I'll turn it off and see it that helps. If you need WiFi Calling, maybe there's a way you can automate Tasker or a similar app to turn WiFi Calling on when you're connected to WiFi and off when you're not.

Reactions: wwwwd83

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
If you download the KDZ file, the alternate method I've linked in the OP should work. For some reason, the white G2s got the updates last when 20A first started being pushed, even on the LG servers. I had posted the 20A KDZ file a good 3 weeks before it was even pushed, so I'm guessing this time T-Mobile coordinated with LG to push the update the same time it showed up on LG's servers. Maybe they forgot to include the white G2s.

I noticed LTE or 4G data not working intermittently with 20A, but didn't realize WiFi Calling had something to do with it. I'll turn it off and see it that helps. If you need WiFi Calling, maybe there's a way you can automate Tasker or a similar app to turn WiFi Calling on when you're connected to WiFi and off when you're not.
Trying to figure out the whole tasker WiFi calling thing as we speak, so far no real way to toggle it.

Took me a good while to figure out it was WiFi calling that was causing it!

Sent from my LG-D801

cvsolidx17

Sep 30, 2008
Boston
So I updated through the support tool and everything was fine for a few days or so. I was able to reroot with towelroot and reinstall/boot into TWRP.

This morning however I attempted to boot into TWRP when it failed and threw me a boot verification error. I proceeded to reinstall TWRL however I still can't boot into recovery. The only thing I did was switch from Dalvik to ART but I don't see how this could have affected my recovery. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

wwwwd83

Oct 11, 2010
Boston
would TWRP be an option HowieDub?

Could I flash the update using TWRP if i load the D80120E_00 kdz file on the phone and then access it through TWRP? Can I flash that way?

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
This latest stock ROM has the best phone/data signal I've seen after trying some previous stock and stock based ROMs. I get the fastest LTE speeds and signal is 2 bars in area where I had 1 bar before.

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Could I flash the update using TWRP if i load the D80120E_00 kdz file on the phone and then access it through TWRP? Can I flash that way?
I don't think you can do it that way. I believe TWRP can only flash zip files that have the updater scripts to tell TWRP what to install. I'm not a dev, so I'm not familiar with how that all works. I only know how to follow directions :) Now if someone is able to extract the info from the kdz file and put it into a flashable zip, then that would work.

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York

it's like you're ignoring OP on purpose or something :cyclops:

you can only flash KDZ with LG Support Tool (force it through Options/Upgrade Recovery) or if that doesn't work for whatever reasons, with LG Flash Tool which would work flawlessly, guaranteed.

Reactions: FoneWatcher

Sent from my LG-D801

Nothing like that on mine.

Been using WiFi calling extensively at home without problem, but my routine might be different than yours. I never touch WiFi calling prefs, but I always turn off WiFi (and autosync) and turn on Data the moment I leave home and reverse those steps upon returning to my home network.

I used to get dropped calls when an incoming call would come in via WiFi calling, but it was occasional and I previously thought that I might be dragging the "answer" button the wrong way or inadvertently rejecting the call. In retrospect, I think that those were WiFi calling drops because I haven't missed answering a call since at least the 20e update.

AspenSTi

Dec 18, 2011
Washington
Has anyone else that has upgraded to E flashed a cloudy rom then gone to an AOSP rom? Just wondering because my knock-on doesn't work anymore with aosp roms. Just trying to identify if its because of the cloudy rom flash, kernel related, or what exactly. It is affecting my recovery as well. It will turn the screen on with 5 taps, just not 2 like any stock based rom. Seeing if anyone has had this and fixed it or not...

Edit: Just found out its the 20e update that does it. I KDZ'd back to 20a and everything seems good again. Maybe someone else with the issue can just flash the 20a modem/baseband and fix the issue? Not sure, but either way knock on is working as it should again, hope this helps someone else!!

Last edited:

mjlukas

Jul 18, 2012
no network connection

After upgrading to the latest 4.4.2, when I insert my sim it says no network,no voice and no data but works just fine in all other phones. wifi works, tried downgrading to JB but that didnt fix it, tried custom rom and all the other stock versions out there. HELP?

PsychoKilla666

Jul 5, 2009
Where's the link to Cloudyfa's kernel v1.3 ?

Is it this? http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12894

Found it: Here they all are http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14807

Add to OP?

it's a stock kernel that just merges latest code in order for the knock on code to work with downgraded bootloader that Autorec uses to give you custom recovery.

What about jdi version of that 20E kernal for T-Mo? I only see D802 jdi and the old D801 jdi

tpaxadpom

Oct 28, 2009
After upgrading to the latest 4.4.2, when I insert my sim it says no network,no voice and no data but works just fine in all other phones. wifi works, tried downgrading to JB but that didnt fix it, tried custom rom and all the other stock versions out there. HELP?
check your imei number. It is possible it got zeroed out.

Top Liked Posts