Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED][2014][How-to]Everything you need to know and do to your Captivate Glide

Tip us?

stormdude124
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
OP updated sediROM updated to public beta phase
Go try it out and report back to @xdajog

fargin bastage
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
That sounds very suspicious. A stock Odin-flashable rom is not rooted so the one you got has surely been modified. I would personally not trust something like that especially if you need it for enterprise uses.

Anyways you can use Root cloak Xposed module to hide root from the desired application(s).
I got one from the CN thread posted earlier in this thread, and the other came from samfirmware.com as their only recommended firmware for I927R. I agree that it seems suspicious, but flashing any firmware/ROM from anywhere other than Google always makes me wince.

The hiding root that I was talking about was exactly XPosed RootCloak. It may have hidden root, but because GFE noses into installed apps, it wouldn't be too hard to see root implied by XPosed and SuperSU being installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog View Post
I struggled about the link for downloading from thegreatergood in his LiteROM thread:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOI.../preview?pli=1

That one is still available and should be totally stock but I haven't tested it.

Please report if that is the right one..
W00T!! Thanks very much xdajog, no more root! Now I'll try one of the previous firmwares which isn't ATT branded. Who's/what's google docs did I just get that from though?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog View Post
Hm so a un-rooted ICS would be ok?

If so I could imagine to build a version of sediROM which will be un-rooted. Should be not such a big deal IMO.. well the more I think of this the better it sounds to me. The main target of sediROM is to be as stable and enterprise ready as possible and yes one of the major things in enterprise usage of Android is to be not rooted... I will definitively look into that and may provide two versions of sediROM or at least an "unrooted" option within the installer! Haven't thought about this but really a good point.

But it could take 3 or 4 days before I will be able to do that. Would be nice to hear what you think about it and if you would be available for testing
I'd be happy to try it out if you want to follow through, but I'm not much of a tester, more of a user really. Thanks!

xdajog
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
W00T!! Thanks very much xdajog, no more root! Now I'll try one of the previous firmwares which isn't ATT branded. Who's/what's google docs did I just get that from though?

I'd be happy to try it out if you want to follow through, but I'm not much of a tester, more of a user really. Thanks!
Great to hear that this is the right one! Well I think that you won't find an unbranded version which is not rooted.
But as said I could create one. And yes the testing part would be on "user level"

Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Free mobile app
I really love keyboard smartphones ...
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:
Samsung Captivate Glide / SGH-I927 (rollin on sediROM v1.0)
LG Optimus F3Q (rollin on Stock JB, rooted)

Retired:

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator

xdajog
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargin bastage View Post
I got one from the CN thread posted earlier in this thread, and the other came from samfirmware.com as their only recommended firmware for I927R. I agree that it seems suspicious, but flashing any firmware/ROM from anywhere other than Google always makes me wince.

The hiding root that I was talking about was exactly XPosed RootCloak. It may have hidden root, but because GFE noses into installed apps, it wouldn't be too hard to see root implied by XPosed and SuperSU being installed.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Well you've asked for it and its implemented now

@stormdude124: You can mention now an unique selectable root/no-root mode within sediROM! I think no one else has a (at least ICS based) ROM with such a feature

@fargin bastage: Will be happy if you could give sediROM a try and tell me if your app will work with it or not
Link with all the details is here: <CLICK>

Best regards
xdajog
I really love keyboard smartphones ...
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:
Samsung Captivate Glide / SGH-I927 (rollin on sediROM v1.0)
LG Optimus F3Q (rollin on Stock JB, rooted)

Retired:

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator