Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking to try out kitkat :D

Tip us?

azki22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile [Q] Looking to try out kitkat :D

Hey all im looking at manually updating to kitkat and my problem is im not sure how tricky that will be as my last run in with odin was a bad one..
well not odin, but 3 months after rooting my first note 2 it died from sds. Samsung replaced it which took forever - my original one was a french model. The replacement i now have is the hong kong one.
GT-N7100
And. V: 4.3
CSC: N7100ZSENE1
PDA: N7100ZSUENE1

I know its most recent version is 4.3, but seeing friends with n7105's and kit kat is just driving me nuts!
Anyywhoo upgrading to 4.4.2--
Will it be a straightforward procedure?
And am i likely to have problems with KitKat and my particular model?
Pros cons?

Sorry for being noobish >.<

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by azki22 View Post
Hey all im looking at manually updating to kitkat and my problem is im not sure how tricky that will be as my last run in with odin was a bad one..
well not odin, but 3 months after rooting my first note 2 it died from sds. Samsung replaced it which took forever - my original one was a french model. The replacement i now have is the hong kong one.
GT-N7100
And. V: 4.3
CSC: N7100ZSENE1
PDA: N7100ZSUENE1

I know its most recent version is 4.3, but seeing friends with n7105's and kit kat is just driving me nuts!
Anyywhoo upgrading to 4.4.2--
Will it be a straightforward procedure?
And am i likely to have problems with KitKat and my particular model?
Pros cons?

Sorry for being noobish >.<
Since you are already on 4.3 you cannot go back to 4.1.2 cause of being on the Knoxed bootloader which makes downgrading impossible (only 4.2.2 is possible).Well you got few choices when it comes to trying out 4.4 either you can flash stock ROM which is rolling out slowly to many countries or you can try the custom KK. So root your 4.3 if you don't want to upgrade to stock 4.4 and then flash any one of the custom 4.4 which comes in variety of flavours such as stock note 2 KK , note 2 and note 3 featured ROM or S5/note3/note2 featured ROM.You would have to try few custom ROM to see which best suits you.No one will be able to tell you which ROM is best since each custom ROM offers different tweaks.

To download stock ROM head over in General Note II section and there's a download link for FNE1 KK French version uploaded to mega.co.nz by an user called "robalm" .Download the zip file , extract it , you'll get the .tar.md5 , put the phone in download mode and place that extracted file into AP/PDA Mode of odin and sit back and let it do it's thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azki22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Since you are already on 4.3 you cannot go back to 4.1.2 cause of being on the Knoxed bootloader which makes downgrading impossible (only 4.2.2 is possible).Well you got few choices when it comes to trying out 4.4 either you can flash stock ROM which is rolling out slowly to many countries or you can try the custom KK. So root your 4.3 if you don't want to upgrade to stock 4.4 and then flash any one of the custom 4.4 which comes in variety of flavours such as stock note 2 KK , note 2 and note 3 featured ROM or S5/note3/note2 featured ROM.You would have to try few custom ROM to see which best suits you.No one will be able to tell you which ROM is best since each custom ROM offers different tweaks.

To download stock ROM head over in General Note II section and there's a download link for FNE1 KK French version uploaded to mega.co.nz by an user called "robalm" .Download the zip file , extract it , you'll get the .tar.md5 , put the phone in download mode and place that extracted file into AP/PDA Mode of odin and sit back and let it do it's thing.
One word. Brilliant

Thanks bro
The Following User Says Thank You to azki22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenysc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi, any hints to root this N7100ZSUENE1? I've tried Saferoot and CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100 with no luck..

Thanks and cheers,