Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Screen Protector for S5?

Tip us?

keirnanq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Glass screen protector

The only screen protector I will use from now on, is Body Guardz!

kettir
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I'm on the super-cheap end of the spectrum. I take 9x12 self laminating sheets and cut them to size using a template I made myself. I do have to cut out a small square for the home button and top front speaker. I wouldn't count on it for more than minor scratch protection of course and generally I replace it weekly. They go on and come off easily and they're cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda premium

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettir View Post
I'm on the super-cheap end of the spectrum. I take 9x12 self laminating sheets and cut them to size using a template I made myself. I do have to cut out a small square for the home button and top front speaker. I wouldn't count on it for more than minor scratch protection of course and generally I replace it weekly. They go on and come off easily and they're cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda premium
Does that actually work? That sounds crazy... I mean, all the power to you if it does work, but Jeez.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

kettir
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
Does that actually work? That sounds crazy... I mean, all the power to you if it does work, but Jeez.
It's not crazy, just cheap! The sheets peel off easily and leave minimal residue, easily wiped off with a bit of fabric. I wouldn't count on it to do more than protect from everyday scratches, which is the most I have had to deal with. I do see where the sheet has taken scratches, which indicates it was doing something toward protecting the screen. Of course the sheet is more easily scratched to begin with. But, it's some protection, even if only a little, and enough for my purposes.