MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Microphone level in video

15th June 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

75 posts
Hi all,
did someone noticed that mic level is terribly set to be very loud while recording a video?

I had HTC One M7 and i've been able to get clear sound from big concert, i bought Z2 and yesterday we did some singing with guitars in pub and on the final movie it sounds terrible, like those mics cant get that loud sound...
Any tips? Btw. i dont want to carry Sonys STM10 microphones...

Viki
15th June 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
Yeah, I got this problem too. I was in concert, tried to record a Feb seconds, just to try sound quality, and it's totally terrible. Do you know what to do with it?

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
15th June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

75 posts
I have no idea what to do with that :-/
15th June 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
It's possible that there's no way to fix it.

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
15th June 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

75 posts
Yop...stupid Sony's mic management...
14th July 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
I think it's a software issue.
I've had this problem at two concerts, and even bars where the music wasn't even that loud.
Last night i tried at home. Played some music and recorded video.
The audio was again heavily distorted. Then I disabled all audio effects (this shouldn't matter I guess, but I tried). and disabled Noise cancelling headphones on accessory menu (they were not plugged in).
I recorded again and I didn't get nearly as much distortion.

I still don't know what's going on. I will try it again this week at a club and I'll see if it makes any difference.

I understand the Z2 doesn't have a double membrane mic (like the HTC one or other phones) so it's not going to be good for extremely loud music, but this is just too much. Audio has zero bass and is completely saturated.
23rd July 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kalletal
Thanks Meter: 19

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcobreros

I think it's a software issue.
I've had this problem at two concerts, and even bars where the music wasn't even that loud.
Last night i tried at home. Played some music and recorded video.
The audio was again heavily distorted. Then I disabled all audio effects (this shouldn't matter I guess, but I tried). and disabled Noise cancelling headphones on accessory menu (they were not plugged in).
I recorded again and I didn't get nearly as much distortion.

I still don't know what's going on. I will try it again this week at a club and I'll see if it makes any difference.

I understand the Z2 doesn't have a double membrane mic (like the HTC one or other phones) so it's not going to be good for extremely loud music, but this is just too much. Audio has zero bass and is completely saturated.

Hi.
Have you tested with the other settings? And is there a change from record quality? The Sound is terrible in louder conditions, so any Solution will be appreciated.
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mic;level;gain
Previous Thread Next Thread