Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

Tip us?

rbox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sont77 View Post
Thank I wasn't sure because for a test I did rename it then sideloaded it through and didn't see anything on the fire tv but I guess that's how it supposed to be?....ok so basically follow steps on Wiki right?
Yeah, the only thing different you'll see when its installed is the new settings menu. I'm not really sure which wiki you are talking about though.

rbox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by apazrjon View Post
Yes the menu button on the ftv remote does work. I didnt have time to look at the k400 keyboard just yet. I will check it out later tonight. Thanks a bunch!
So I just played around with it for a little while. And in the process I managed to bootloop my Fire TV, haha. In the end, it looks like to do this I need to inject the menu key press, and after trying a few things, it looks like I can't do that easily. I know there was a thread people were talking about modifying the .kl keymap files. That might work for you.

apazrjon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah ive donw that too once already. I uninstalled xbmc before uninstalling xposed and your module and xbmclauncher. That ofcourse meant your mod was looking for an altwrnative launcher and xbmc that wasnt there, lol. Had to factory hard reset with usb keyboard from recovery, lol. Learned my lesson on that one, ha ha! I found the context button on my k400 and it works like a charm! Think ill just leave it at that. I dont think ill really use it ennough to mess with it more. Sorry you had to probably redo your whole box, but I really apprwciate your help! Cant wait for the unlocking of the bootloader! That should be fun whenever that happens! Cheers!

mastafunk
Old
Thanks Meter 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox View Post
Does the menu button on the firetv remote work? If so, that's the key that I can't seem to find on the logitech k400. If you look on a normal keyboard there should be 2 buttons between alt and ctrl on the right side. One is the windows button and one is the context menu button. I see a picture on logitech's website that looks like there MIGHT be an alternate function on the right ctrl, but I can't tell.

Otherwise, if the menu button on the firetv remote DOES work, I can see about adding in some extra control for mapping that menu function.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apazrjon View Post
Hello and thank you for your great work! I have XPosed installed with your 1.2 module running great! I was wondering if there was any way to set a key on my logitech k400 as a menu/settings button while in an android app. I have the firefox beta running great on my FTV thru XBMC but can not find any way to open up the firefox setting menu within the app on my k400. Would like to be able to delete browsing history and such. Thanks!
I believe ctrl + escape does that on the k400..

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 24
My K400r uses the FN key and right Ctrl to open browser options.
Tags
xposed