Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,508 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BASEUS Ultra-Thin Air Case

Tip us?

quickmartin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
oh. so thin.
Can this case protect your phone well?

mikey2487
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickmartin View Post
oh. so thin.
Can this case protect your phone well?
this case offers little to no protection to the phone at all. it will most likely only cover scratches to the back surface.

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Mine arrived today. I'm not 100% convinced I have a genuine Baseus case to be honest. Fit is not bad, but quite loose down the side. What makes me suspiscious though is the packaging. As someone else noted earlier in the thread, the packaging talks about other handsets on one side. It has a HTC ONE M8 sticker over the original sticker on the front of packaging. The barcode sticker is placed over the original barcode sticker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1295.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	2855380 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1296.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	2855381 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1297.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	2855382 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1298.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	2855383 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1299.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	2855384

Search for first barcode links to the S5 version rest of the packaging references (Greek/European origin):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=69...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Search for second barcode links to M8 version (Taiwainese/Eastern origin):

The other thing I'm noticing from some of the photos posted in this thread is that the 'BASEUS' logo on the rear seems to vary in height. Use the M8's bottom black horizontal line as a datum point and look at where the B starts in various photos in here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1300.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	2855385

Others that have posted in here have blatant copies. The 'dirty' look. The camera cut outs completely different. Seems to be a very popular case to copy. It's either that, or sellers are selling on imperfects and bodging the packaging to suit.

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
Mine arrived today. I'm not 100% convinced I have a genuine Baseus case to be honest. Fit is not bad, but quite loose down the side. What makes me suspiscious though is the packaging. As someone else noted earlier in the thread, the packaging talks about other handsets on one side. It has a HTC ONE M8 sticker over the original sticker on the front of packaging. The barcode sticker is placed over the original barcode sticker.

Attachment 2855380 Attachment 2855381 Attachment 2855382 Attachment 2855383 Attachment 2855384

Search for first barcode links to the S5 version rest of the packaging references (Greek/European origin):

Search for second barcode links to M8 version (Taiwainese/Eastern origin):

The other thing I'm noticing from some of the photos posted in this thread is that the 'BASEUS' logo on the rear seems to vary in height. Use the M8's bottom black horizontal line as a datum point and look at where the B starts in various photos in here.

Attachment 2855385

Others that have posted in here have blatant copies. The 'dirty' look. The camera cut outs completely different. Seems to be a very popular case to copy. It's either that, or sellers are selling on imperfects and bodging the packaging to suit.
I got mine yesterday and the fits perfect and the box looks the same as yours but the numbers on the barcode and Baseus is different but that could be down to the fact that I got the dark one.

Do yours have a slightly textured back on the case?

Do anyone else find it hard to use the power button with the case on?

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCC View Post
I got mine yesterday and the fits perfect and the box looks the same as yours but the numbers on the barcode and Baseus is different but that could be down to the fact that I got the dark one.

Do yours have a slightly textured back on the case?

Do anyone else find it hard to use the power button with the case on?
Yeah there is a texture to the back.

Power button is really tricky with the case on too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ryanjsoo
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Mine came in a box with htc one m8 stuck over a galaxy s5 sticker, the case however was obviously new and crystal clear, cutouts were spot on and the build is nice for $4, sides are a bit loose but not falling off or anything, they don`t move unless i pull at them. If mines a fake, I can`t imagine the real one being much better.

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjsoo View Post
Mine came in a box with htc one m8 stuck over a galaxy s5 sticker, the case however was obviously new and crystal clear, cutouts were spot on and the build is nice for $4, sides are a bit loose but not falling off or anything, they don`t move unless i pull at them. If mines a fake, I can`t imagine the real one being much better.
The sides of mine are tight and fit perfect as does the rest of the case and the cut-outs are perfect. Only problem is power button but I now have a lock app on it so I don't have to touch the power button much now.

For the price it was a bargain, so much so I have ordered a clear one as well plus the postage was super quick.

aznblade
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought another two from Amazon instead of Ebay and I bought it from the seller "Forester". This time it came in boxes similar above but I still get a yellow tint off the clear one. The dark smoke one looks fine and it has way cleaner cuts for the holes but it's still a bit loose... I wonder is there a way to put heat on it and shrink it a bit.

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznblade View Post
I bought another two from Amazon instead of Ebay and I bought it from the seller "Forester". This time it came in boxes similar above but I still get a yellow tint off the clear one. The dark smoke one looks fine and it has way cleaner cuts for the holes but it's still a bit loose... I wonder is there a way to put heat on it and shrink it a bit.
I'm tempted to use a small nose heat gun on the sides.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk