Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 update has been out for a while, what are everyone's thoughts

Tip us?
 
josetheman38
Old
#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Unhappy KK has sucked for me, except..

KK has sucked for me! My battery life went to hell and my Bluetooth is garbage. The only thing that came out good for me is that I was able to unlock the bootloader, thanks to the developers. I did a factory reset, but my problems still persist. Oh well.
 
aaki_rocker
Old
#42  
aaki_rocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 325
Posts: 1,634
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by josetheman38 View Post
KK has sucked for me! My battery life went to hell and my Bluetooth is garbage. The only thing that came out good for me is that I was able to unlock the bootloader, thanks to the developers. I did a factory reset, but my problems still persist. Oh well.
you can always go back if you have an unlocked bootloader..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789743
CURRENT DEVICES :

Motorola Droid Razr™ HD

Nokia Lumia™ 928




HISTORY OF DEVICES :
 


HTC One™M7
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy™ S III
Nokia Lumia 928
Apple iPhone 5
Nokia Lumia 920
Apple iPhone 4s
Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000
Pantech Flex
Motorola Droid RAZR
SONY Xperia™S
Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Samsung Galaxy SII T989 -Hercules
LG Nitro HD
HTC VIVID 4G
LG Thrill 4G
HTC HD2

The Legendry Nokia N900





HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU !!

 
Dreamweavn
Old
#43  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DuPont
Default Don't like it ...

I don't like KK for one really big reason ...I really enjoy using FoxFi allowing me to enable my Wifi hotspot since I have unlimited data. Now I can't. I would love to roll my phone back to 4.3 or earlier. Anyone know how to do that. Unfortunately I had to replace my original phone when the KK update bricked my phone and it was not rooted.
 
lloydsw
Old
#44  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweavn View Post
I don't like KK for one really big reason ...I really enjoy using FoxFi allowing me to enable my Wifi hotspot since I have unlimited data. Now I can't. I would love to roll my phone back to 4.3 or earlier. Anyone know how to do that. Unfortunately I had to replace my original phone when the KK update bricked my phone and it was not rooted.

Somewhere in these forums related to the phone, there are instructions for fixing the entitlement hack for the stock MHS. I too am on unlimited data and the stock MHS has worked like a charm with the fix.
 
ncsuwolfs
Old
#45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default here ya go

hotspot fix- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785106
bluetooth fix- http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...a-442-1834614/

dont know if the hotspot fix works after updating to the soak test bbut worth a shot
 
sspartan
Old
#46  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsuwolfs View Post
hotspot fix- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785106
bluetooth fix- http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...a-442-1834614/

dont know if the hotspot fix works after updating to the soak test bbut worth a shot
You will need to re-do the Hotspot fix again but it does work. When I went back to stock in order to apply update it deleted/cleared everything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
 
Artnig
Old
#47  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Merely updated to the OTA just so I could flash the latest custom roms, running KK Kernel.
 
GBerg2119
Old
#48  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
My battery life has been absolutely horrific since the update. Right now I'm at 41% and I've only been off the charger for 6 hours 25 minutes. I have barely used the phone all day. Bootloader is locked so I guess there's nothing I can do about it.
Current: Droid Razr Maxx HD
Past: HTC Incredible, HTC Dream/G1
 
iBolski
Old
#49  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 411
Posts: 1,225
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBerg2119 View Post
My battery life has been absolutely horrific since the update. Right now I'm at 41% and I've only been off the charger for 6 hours 25 minutes. I have barely used the phone all day. Bootloader is locked so I guess there's nothing I can do about it.
Have you not read? You can unlock your bootloader with the KK update. This has been known for over a month now.

Go unlock your phone here -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...razr-hdm-only/

Better do it now before the next soak comes out which patches Towelroot and bootloader unlocking.

Do it now. If you don't, then don't come crying to the rest of us. This is your chance to do it now. Once unlocked, then you can go back to JB if you so desire.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Artnig
Old
(Last edited by Artnig; 23rd July 2014 at 09:02 PM.)
#50  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Since I've been on KK for a while now through a custom ROM, I only updated OTA for the new KK bootloader. Never really been a huge fan of the moto's blur, though it isn't that bad. At least now with the new bootloader I can continue getting updates for latest custom KK roms

I think KitKat is great and I'm glad we finally got official support. Just want to get the most out of this device until the next killer phone comes out

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes