Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To][Tutorial] Downgrade Kit Kat 4.4.2 to JB 4.1.2

Tip us?

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'd try reformatting internal storage... I haven't experienced that issue and I've been back and forth several times

AndyBern
Old
(Last edited by AndyBern; Yesterday at 02:37 PM.) Reason: Updated info
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
I'd try reformatting internal storage... I haven't experienced that issue and I've been back and forth several times
I discovered the 960 error is due to corrupted data transfers. I have one app that can download modules for itself. When I downloaded a bunch of modules, it randomly gave me a zip extraction failed error (CRC mismatch). On that clue, I tried Play Store again was was able to successfully install apps if I kept trying.

I was able to install all the apps with no problem when I disabled wi-fi to download over 4G. Don't know if the problem is with my wi-fi or the success was due to a much faster 4G connection. (I live rurally, and our 4G is 25-37Mbs effective, compared to my 5Mb DSL connection.) I don't have problems with other devices over wi-fi.

UPDATE:

It seems the wifi problem is with my phone, not my wifi. I was able to twice download a large app (Terminal IDE) over wifi on my wife's identical phone. Her's is still stock, and she wants to go back to JB too, but I'd like to figure this problem out first. My wifi was working fine before flashing.