Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 [Android 4.4.4]

Tip us?

duckredbeard
Old
(Last edited by duckredbeard; 13th July 2014 at 02:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckredbeard View Post
So just rename the rom.zip to LIBEIMG.zip, put it on the sdcard and reboot to bootloader?
This worked on one device, but not the second. something about wrong image.

I have 2 Arias and believe they were both identically configured before this started. Both were on the same hboot.
Daily carry - Galaxy S4 (AT&T), ShoStock v7.0 (and jeboo) themed by JohnMcW
Busy time toy - Asus TF700, CROMBI-KK
Media device for BT audio in the kitchen - HTC Inspire, Fallen
Media device for car audio - HTC Vivid, PAC-man 4.4 [AOSP]
My other device is an all grain HomeBrew rig.

xd0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@WinSuk, do you have an advice how to update current CM11 ROM to the latest build?

E.g. I'm running cm-11-20140719-NIGHTLY-liberty.zip and want to update it to cm-11-20140721-NIGHTLY-liberty.zip...
Should I just run it over from Recovery? Or should I do something else (clear caches, dalvik, etc)?

And second question - is there any way to change grid size from current 3x4 to let say 4x4? If it's possible, how to do that?

Thank you in advance

WinSuk
Old
(Last edited by WinSuk; 23rd July 2014 at 08:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd0 View Post
@WinSuk, do you have an advice how to update current CM11 ROM to the latest build?

E.g. I'm running cm-11-20140719-NIGHTLY-liberty.zip and want to update it to cm-11-20140721-NIGHTLY-liberty.zip...
Should I just run it over from Recovery? Or should I do something else (clear caches, dalvik, etc)?

And second question - is there any way to change grid size from current 3x4 to let say 4x4? If it's possible, how to do that?

Thank you in advance
Just install it on top, don't need to wipe anything
But right now delta OTA updates are broken on liberty, so don't download it through the built-in updater - download from the website instead.
The next build (0722 or later, whatever it turns out to be) will require a newer recovery to flash though, and I'll probably fix delta OTAs to go along with it (so the builds after will accept it)

Yep - on the launcher, long-press an empty space or tap menu, and drag up the gray tray. Inside is grid size with a few predefined options, or custom

xd0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the great tip (to drag up the gray tray). Sometimes it's under the nose, but one just can't see that

I'll be waiting for a new ROM build (0722+).

I see new recovery-liberty.img, 2014-07-21 12:16, 3878 KB. Should I install it now (where is its MD5)? Or better wait for an update in your thread ([UNOFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.8 ), dedicated to recovery with some instructions?

WinSuk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd0 View Post
Thanks for the great tip (to drag up the gray tray). Sometimes it's under the nose, but one just can't see that

I'll be waiting for a new ROM build (0722+).

I see new recovery-liberty.img, 2014-07-21 12:16, 3878 KB. Should I install it now (where is its MD5)? Or better wait for an update in your thread ([UNOFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.8 ), dedicated to recovery with some instructions?
Better to wait... That one doesn't have the required change