Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini!

Tip us?

LEDAHGRIM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellington de castro View Post
my not appear to select update.zip and this message keeps popping up
failed to mount / sdcard (no such file or directory) what do I do?? Please respond!!!!
i have had the same problem for about a month now and no one has ever replied to me so
I'm stuck with my phone unrooted because no one will tell me why i can only see folders
but not files on my SD card while on recovery mode...

creativetrendz
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
The SD card doesn't work in recovery. I suggest you "adb sideload" the update.zip to the phone.

Sent from my LG-D415

LEDAHGRIM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativetrendz View Post
The SD card doesn't work in recovery. I suggest you "adb sideload" the update.zip to the phone.

Sent from my LG-D415
And how do I do that? I'm not that good with adb commands.

creativetrendz
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDAHGRIM View Post
And how do I do that? I'm not that good with adb commands.
Boot in to recovery... Plug in USB cable... Open a cmd window. Type adb devices to be sure your device can be seen in recovery. Go to advanced, adb sideload (I'm not sure which recovery). In the cmd window type... adb sideload (drag the zip here) press enter.

vbtechx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Okay guys managed to root LG l70 dual (d325)
Okay so download towelroot, open then tap on Welcome line 3 times and a box will come up with 1337 0 1 0 4 0 change the first 0 to 2 and click on the button - make it rain and boom it's rooted
Also recovery mode is unlocked use this update.zip from here

It works on D325 but need confirm on MS323. OP can you please edit your first post and add this? Could you also add credit? Thanks I hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-01-21-31.png
Views:	21
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	2867243  

jma9454
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbtechx View Post
Okay guys managed to root LG l70 dual (d325)
Did you really have to post to both threads?
REALLY? 😕😒
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2

LEDAHGRIM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativetrendz View Post
Boot in to recovery... Plug in USB cable... Open a cmd window. Type adb devices to be sure your device can be seen in recovery. Go to advanced, adb sideload (I'm not sure which recovery). In the cmd window type... adb sideload (drag the zip here) press enter.
My device cannot be seen in recovery, The list is empty;

"Attached devices: "

And on the recovery for the LG L70 D320f (mexico) there is an option on the menu that says
"Apply update from ADB".

Maybe it doesn't appear on recovery because I haven't installed the USB driver for PC, I mean...
The drivers installed automatically when I plugged the phone via USB cable on my PC so I can
transfer files from pc to phone and viceversa...

But I have tried to install the PC drivers via LG recovery tool, But the stupid tool never downloads
the drivers... It justs sits there with the message "Downloading" and the bar never progresses...

Can you send me the drivers for PC for the L70 D320f8? (the ones downloaded via LG recovery tool)

vbtechx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry but d325 was not yet rooted didn't know about 323 really. Oh sorry for double posting thought people with d325 who go to those thread should know

jma9454
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDAHGRIM View Post
My device cannot be seen in recovery, The list is empty;

"Attached devices: "

And on the recovery for the LG L70 D320f (mexico) there is an option on the menu that says
"Apply update from ADB".

Maybe it doesn't appear on recovery because I haven't installed the USB driver for PC, I mean...
The drivers installed automatically when I plugged the phone via USB cable on my PC so I can
transfer files from pc to phone and viceversa...

But I have tried to install the PC drivers via LG recovery tool, But the stupid tool never downloads
the drivers... It justs sits there with the message "Downloading" and the bar never progresses...

Can you send me the drivers for PC for the L70 D320f8? (the ones downloaded via LG recovery tool)
You can download PDAnet or whatever it's called for FoxFi. The drivers for the lg devices. That worked for me. I have the 323 though so I don't know if that will work.
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2

Tags
finally, l70, l90, root